Teachers, etc...

auntlorlee
on 6/20/06 1:56 am - Bellingham, WA
I think I might have hurt some feelings with my comment about being jealous of teachers and other staff having summers off. That was NOT my intent. I DO know how hard teachers work during the summer with taking classes and getting stuff finished for one year and getting ready for the next. I appreciate all you do and give you big credit for being a teacher. I couldn't do it. I was jokingly stating that I was jealous because you all got to have some much needed time off. I am sorry and I apologize a hundred times over if I hurt anyone's feelings. Take care, Lori
Michelle_h
on 6/20/06 5:06 am - seattle, WA
I second Lori's feelings. Please don't anyone be offended! My husband was in a masters-in-teaching program and my best friend is a high-school teacher, and omg, she is at wor****il 7 every day including fridays! I know teachers work really hard! I think it's a "Dream envy" of the popular idea that teachers get their summers off. I'm well aware that teachers often use most of their summer taking classes and finishing requirements and all that stuff. WTG teachers
clegate
on 6/20/06 5:21 am - Shelton, WA
I hope you don't think I was offended. Not in the slightest. My response was a tease too. Happy summer everyone. Carol
kdietsch
on 6/20/06 8:51 am - Everett, WA
Lori & Michelle, I am sorry if I over reacted. Like I said in a previous reply I was "out of sorts" last night! I love you guys! I am glad that this board is here for us. My feelings aren't hurt, but I would warn anyone going into teaching if they think they are getting all that time off it is definitely a myth! I wish someone would have told me how many "extra hours" I would put in! Ah well, after 7 years I am getting used to it. Have a great afternoon! Kelly
Most Active