Seattle Nutrition/Protein Supplement Help

BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 6/15/06 6:43 am - Dallas, TX
I am really having a hard time finding the liquid/chewable nutrition stuff I need in prep for the surgery. I found it online but I ordered samples and it took two weeks. Anyone know of a local place to get the stuff I need. In case not everyone got the same list, I need b-12 complex and calcium citrate in chewable or liquid or sublinguil form. Not to mention a good protein drink. Is there any place with one stop shopping for all these things? I live in S. Seattle.
Amity L.
on 6/15/06 7:47 am - Mount Vernon, WA
GNC stores carry every kind of vitamin imaginable, as well as a ton of protein powders/drinks. I ended up ordering my liquid vitamins though because I didnt like the taste of the ones from GNC. I also go in monthly and get my B12 via injection. Also regarding the B12, I have been told by others that Walmart carries a reasonably priced sublingual B12.
kdietsch
on 6/15/06 12:22 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Amy. Here's the webstie for GNC so you can find a store. http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp Super Supplements will most likely also have what you need. When I lived in Des Moines I visited the one in Renton. Good Luck!
KMH
on 6/15/06 1:53 pm - Seattle, WA
I got liquid vitamins at Costco - Liquidmax Multivitamin Formula Complete Nutrition and it has a good fruity flavor. Would Viactive work for your calcium intake? I've been using it for about 2 months. Protein powders have more protein than ready made shakes. I get mine from Minkler's Green Earth in Renton - NOW Sports Whey Protein Isolate has 50g protein, 250 calories. I mix it with 12oz Soy milk and 1/4 cup of ground flax seed, plus frozen fruit. All told it'a bout 350 calories, but I can only drink about 1/2 of it at a time, so breakfast and the rest is either a morning or afternoon snack. The shake is thick and satisfying and the flax adds good fiber as well as essential oils. I hope this helps.
auntlorlee
on 6/16/06 1:42 am - Bellingham, WA
Viactiv has the wrong kind of calcium for us. It has calcium carbonate, which we don't absorb, we need calcium citrate. I take Citrical-D. Big horse pills but they go down easily. Lori
rayehawk
on 6/16/06 3:17 am - Eastside Seattle 'burb, WA
Call VitaLady.com (phone number on site) immediately, and make an appt. for a private tasting. You can go out there (Puyallup), and taste anything they have, get the "What's it all about" questions answered. VitaLady and her DH are longterm post-ops, and everything they sell is safe for us. They have everything you need.
S Andrews
on 6/17/06 3:10 am - eatonville, WA
Amy, you can get liquid alcium at almost any health food store. If you don't want to shop around for protein try jayrobb.com. He has an excellent protein drink- lots of great flavors and protein bars too. They ship immediately and you'll have it in about 3 days. Another good protein is Unjury. The unflavored can be added into anything- soups, drinks etc and mixes very well. Keep in mind that our bodies can only absorb 30 gms of protein at a time so anything more than that just goes to waste. Good luck!
Most Active