Dr.K.Clinch anyone? at Evergreen in Kirkland

bluesmummy
on 6/14/06 8:04 am - Sammamish, WA
Just wanted to know if anyone had seen this doctor, he hasn't filled out the forms for this site according to this site. I saw him for consultation on Monday. He really seemed very kind and had a great manner about him. He explained everything and seemed very interested in me and helping. I have lupus (sle) and several other complicating factors, I came in researching the lap band that I guess has issues with Lupus. He is researching that issue right now. I have my phone call into the shrink, well x two days of calls now trying to get an appt., can't see the nutritionist yet because we're not sure which surgery we'll do. Does anyone know what the name of the gastric bypass that only takes 3.5 ft of intestine rather than the full 7ft? that is what he does, but I can't seem to find it through searches. I should call his nurse back and ask some better questions so I can write some stuff down. Anyone also with M-soft insurance, have any issues? I called in to them and they said its basically up to the doctors office to get everything into them. thank you!!!!
Dan E.
on 6/14/06 11:56 pm - Bothell, WA
Elizabeth, My surgeon is Dr. Lauter, but I have attended the WLS support group at Evergreen Hospital and many of Dr. Clinch's patients were there. None of them had anything negative to say about him. All of them were completely confident about his skills and advice. As far as the different surgeries the OH website has a page that summarizes the different types of surgeries: http://www.obesityhelp.com/content/wlsurgery.html Good luck Wizard Dan
bluesmummy
on 6/15/06 1:38 pm - Sammamish, WA
Thank you Dan! :o) Maybe I will have to check into that group. I have such a hard time going to any type of group or mtg's because I have a 2.5 yr old and a 10.5 month old baby. Hopefully someone on here has some advice about the premera ms insurance. thank you!
kthrush
on 6/18/06 6:06 pm - Kirkland, WA
Elizabeth -- Hello! I am meeting w/ K. Clinch in about 10 days or so for a consultation. I went to an informational seminar at Evergreen Hospital (the same one that Dan mentioned) and K. Clinch spoke for about 20 minutes at that. I also felt like he was very kind and just a really nice guy. Glad to hear that you've met with him and feel the same way. I also have M-soft insurance. So far, no issues. I've talked to the insurance people several times and it seems like they just need to be contacted by the surgeon. I've also talked to people that know people (isn't that how it always is?) that have had M-soft benefits and had their surgeries covered - no issues at all. :-) I'll keep you posted on any developments I have and I'll keep an eye out to see how things are going for you. Good luck! --Kristin
bluesmummy
on 6/19/06 6:15 am - Sammamish, WA
Kristin- Oh YEAH! so happy to see someone going somewhere I will be! I don't personally know anyone who has had this done- only the RNY- could you email me? I'd love to have a band buddy :-). [email protected] His nurse, Moira, is gone this week but her replacement left me a message this morning saying I was cleared on the GI side of things since I had some scope series done last December. And yes, the insurance told me the same thing "have the surgeon contact them and fill out a form" I hope his nurse already did that but now she's on vacation so things might be put off a bit, I sure hope not! Anyone know what the psych eval is like? is it just a bunch of forms to fill out or actually having a counseling session? I am starting to get excited about getting my band and all this waiting on other people is driving me bonkers! :-)
Most Active