Ok so its been about 3 weeks...

Tina P.
on 6/13/06 2:56 pm - Mill Creek, WA
and I went to my post op yesterday and lost 30 lbs so far!!! Holy Crap!! I am still on pureed foods but i sometimes can't get more food in other than the protein shakes, liquids to keep me hydrated and my vitamins, but the doctor told me that as long as i am getting my proteins, vitamins and staying hydrated that it is fine, i will eventually be able to get more in... so i am taking it slow. So my question... can someone please give me some ideas for more pureed foods or soft foods that i should try. i want to try mashed potatoes, i have been ok with a small amount of cottage cheese and fresh mozzarella (chewing like a mad woman!) Funny moment the other day my boyfriend bbq'd and i had to taste so i took a piece of cheeseburger, plain, and chewed and chewed and then spit it out... i just needed the flavor... it was yummy! any who... i am looking for new flavors and textures and i have drawn a blank other than puree'ing soups. also any ideas on yogurts? thanks everyone!
kdietsch
on 6/13/06 3:22 pm - Everett, WA
Way to go Tina! You're doing the disappearing woman thing! I loved smoothies during my liquid/soft stage. I blended strawberries, bananas, pineapple, mango, and papaya with a scoop of strawberry protein powder for a healthy breakfast smoothie. Another thing I have come to love in the mornings is my hot cereal. I use the Bob's Red Mill 7 or 10 grain cereals. I cook it, use a scoop of vanilla protein powder and vanilla soy milk. I also add cinnamon (and sometimes honey). You could probably add fruit yogurt for a great mix. I am lactose intolerant so I stick with soymilk. Try spagetti sauce on your cottage cheese. Nummy. I also lived off refried beans for almost a week. They are a bit thicker and stick with you longer... and along the bean line-- Hummus is great too. I really liked pureed lentil soup with a splash of vinegar. Or butternut squash soup with a dollop of sour cream. You might just cook up some squash and cream it (little bit of milk and butter, salt and pepper) There are lots of things out there! Good luck and keep on losing! Kelly
BrennaN
on 6/14/06 2:15 am - Seattle, WA
Try refried beans with a little 2% cheese melted on top and maybe some LF sour cream. My friend who went through the surgery swears by it. I'm still pre-op and so I don't know what tastes good to me, but my plan is to live on smoothies if I can tolerate them... lol. The Curves protein shakes taste really good, but I'm not sure about the sugar content. I've been using them and putting different fruits etc. The other day I made a protein shake with ice cubes, low fat chocolate soy milk, protein powder and a little peanut butter, that was really good. Sounds like you're doing great, I'm happy for you. Can't wait until I'm there myself. I'm in Mill Creek too btw. =) Brenna
auntlorlee
on 6/14/06 4:57 am - Bellingham, WA
If you have been cleared for soft food and pureed foods, go ahead and eat the potatoes! I added cheese to mine for more protein. But I lived off mashed potatoes and refried beans for a few weeks. I buy Blue Bunny Carb Freedom yogurt. It only has 5 carbs, O sugar, and 70 calories. Very good. Not too sweet like some yogurts. Good luck to you!!! Lori PS Congrats on the weightloss!!!
clegate
on 6/15/06 8:50 am - Shelton, WA
I am pre-op still so I don't have any suggestions on the food issue. Just wanted to say, "Way to go!" on the weight loss. That's amazing. Carol
Lori L.
on 6/19/06 12:52 pm - Mattawan, MI
Hey Tina! I was wondering how you were doing! The incredible shrinking woman!!! I am so happy for you! Today all my stuff went into the insurance co. I'm sure God will handle this just fine for me. The chewing thing about the hamburger is hilarious but a great idea! I can't even fathom in my mind losing 30 lbs in 3 weeks. I try for months to only lose 10!!!! I am happy that youre doing so well. Much love to you and keep writing and praying...i'll do the same.
Tina P.
on 6/23/06 8:49 am - Mill Creek, WA
Hi Lori! I am doing great... I haven't weighed myself since June 12th at my last dr visit so i am very curious about how much I've lost but I am going to wait as long as possible... I don't want to buy a scale cause i know that I will be tempted to get on it everyday. My next dr visit is in 2 weeks on the 6th... wish me luck and pray that i have enough strength to stay away from the scale!! Thanks for the prayers... oh yeah... I will be praying for your journey too. I know that when i started this whole process last year I prayed to God and said "Ok, its up to you. If you think this is what I need, then I know you will bring me through it" I know he will make the right decision for you as well. Hugs, Tina
Nancy B.
on 6/21/06 1:49 am - Blaine, WA
Congratulations! 30 lbs is fantastic and I bet it's even more today. I'm on the semi-liquid part of the diet, Lap Band last Thursday, and I too love flavors. I'm allowed strained soups (most are way too salty for my taste now), but wanted flavor so went to a nearby Safeway where they have a line of home made style soups, had chicken tortilla soup last night (I ate the broth part, hubby ate the chunky stuff). Sure tasted good. Also, jello instant non sugar pudding with proteiin powder mixed in is a lifesaver for me. Later, when you are back on solids get a recipe for parmesan chips. We will be making them in the microwave and they are yummy. Blessings, Nancy B., Birch Bay, WA
Most Active