Looking for anyone who has had surgery from DR S.Ross fox or Dr E. Fox

nursemeems
on 6/13/06 3:29 pm - Richland, WA
I am looking into lap band but will go with whatever is best for me. Any details good, bad or indifferent is appreciated. :help: Thanks MaryAnne
kdietsch
on 6/14/06 9:47 am - Everett, WA
Hi MaryAnne, I went to Mexico for my Lap Band Surgery. The weight loss up front isn't as quick as with RNY but the risks are quite a bit lower, and the statistics on long term are better for the band. But having been on this board since I got banded I know that there are a great number of success stories with RNY as well. Either way you still have the mental challenge of changing your relationship with food, and exercise, as both surgeries are just tools. I will say I love my band, and am very happy with the 30+ # loss in a little over 2 months. Keep asking the questions and do some research on your own. There is a lot of information out there! Good luck! Kelly
Melanie R.
on 6/15/06 5:57 am - Tacoma, WA
Lap Band on 07/31/06 with
I went to Dr. Fox's seminar a couple of weeks ago and I found some of the info. to be disturbing. So I went to NWWLS in Everett (who only does lap bands) and found them to be better. What I didn't like about Dr. Fox's office were two things: 1. He treated the lap band patients like the bypass patients. There is no reason that a lap band patient would eat out of a shot glass, stop drinking milk, and stop eating sugar. Those are all bypass instructions 2. I called the office staff and inquired about surgery. The lady automatically told me that because I had UHC, I would be required to do a 6 month medically supervised diet. I found out that that is not true, but the office lady was willing to fight me to the death to tell me it was. Go figure. If you're looking to get the lap band, I would go to www.nwwls.com They were very helpful. I'm hoping to get banded in the next month or so.
rayehawk
on 6/15/06 6:24 am - Eastside Seattle 'burb, WA
I know people who've had surgery with the Drs. Fox. My surgeon was Dr. Oh, assisted by Dr. Srikanth, both of who trained with Dr. S. Ross Fox, and who are great surgeons. I, of course, recommend Dr. Oh, first and foremost. www.OhToBeThin.com He has operated on me 3 times . . . RnY, emergency bowel obstruction, and my TT in Jan this year. All went fabulously, and our success rate and aftercare are phenomenol. If DocOh is out-of-network for you, then Dr. Srikanth is great, and DocOh will assist. Dr. S. Ross Fox no longer does surgery . . . he's w-a-a-a-y old. VitaLady is old Dr. Fox patient, as is her husband. Now DocOh patients, I think . . . check out (& *read*) their site. VitaLady.com
PinkFlamingoes
on 6/18/06 9:05 am - Buckley, WA
I have a friend who lost her brother , after having S.R. Fox do his surgery . He has lost hospital priviliges to many hospitals . He even had a very large inquest in Olympia , which my friend went to . I haven't had surgery , yet . I have done lots of searching & have decided to have Dr. Ki Hyan Oh do my gastric bypass . He does Lap Banding , as well as other types of Bariatric surgery .
Most Active