Hi!! I'm new here!

Michelle_h
on 6/8/06 4:52 am - seattle, WA
Hello everyone! My name is Michelle, and I'm tentitively scheduled for a lap band surgery either July 14 or July 21 (I am still finishing up required doctor apps first). I am going to be self-pay... this surgery is as expensive as college tuition - but- I view it as investing in myself. It's worth it to be happier, healthier, and have a longer life span!
auntlorlee
on 6/8/06 6:43 am - Bellingham, WA
Congrats on making the decision to have surgery Michelle! You WILL be healthier and happier in the end. I know I am! Glad you found our WA board. I try and keep it active by posting about exercise. Keeps me accountable for my exercise, even when I don't do any! Good luck with your surgery! You will do fine!!! Lori
kdietsch
on 6/8/06 12:14 pm - Everett, WA
Welcome Michelle! You won't regret the LAP BAND! I was banded a little over two months ago in Mexico, and am so excited to be on the road to better health! It is a wonderful investment! And I look at it as an investment in my daughter's future as well as mine. The impact my weight loss has had on her is incredible! I have lost over 30 pounds to date, but couldn't tell you how many as I do not own a scale! This board is a great place to come for support and information! Good Luck in the next month! Blessings Strength and Peace! Kelly
Michelle_h
on 6/8/06 12:22 pm - seattle, WA
Thank you to everyone for your kind words! I face a bit of opposition from my family and husband, who don't neccessarily agree that surgery is the best thing. It's not that they seriously oppose it... but I think there is bias out there that weight loss surgery is the lazy-man's out. I totally dissagree. I think it's a tool that helps one succeed. My mother however... mm... she does not agree. But then I look at who I am - nearly 300 pounds, and apparently heavy enough to break my uncle's toilet seat (omg the shame!) so when you get to that point, and you've been dieting since you were 10 (I'm 28 now)... you realize that it's time to take the next step! Anyway... you are all very wonderful to talk to! Thanks for the support!
Most Active