advise ??

nannycolleen
on 6/7/06 2:05 pm - snohomish, WA
can anyone give me advise on lab ban sergery in mexico from firsthand or second hand experince
Sun Smith
on 6/7/06 2:39 pm - Seattle, WA
The best place to ask about surgeries in Mexico is at the South of the Border forum. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/south-of-the-border/ While I didn't get a lap band, I did have my lap RNY in Mexico. Dr. Rumbaut performed the surgery. He primarily does lap bands. If you want to read about my experience, check out my profile. Good luck and feel free to post any specific questions either here or on the South of the Border forum. -Pam 320/195/150
kdietsch
on 6/7/06 3:24 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Colleen! I actually found out about Dr. Kuri from this OH website at the south of the border section, there are lots of doctors there. I had Lap Band done in Mexico by Dr. Kuri, he and Dr. Rumbaut are two of the BEST in the world. Dr. Kuri works out of a brand new hospital (VERY NICE) in Tiajuana, Dr. Rumbaut is further south. There are cheaper options, but when I was researching I was most pleased with what I found out about Dr. Kuri. (Better success record, more experience, etc...) I am a little over 2 months out from surgery and am doing great. I have lost over 30 pounds already, and feel fantastic. The whole experience in TJ was good. If you are interested the number for Joanne, Dr. Kuri's facilitator, is: (949) 451-1599. She can give you more information, and hook you up on the Kuri board so you can ask lots of Kuri patients any questions you have. Email me off line and I will give you my number if you have specific questions. Kelly
Most Active