Takeing care of Mom and Dad looking for doublewide near me that they can afford and will be...

cheryl D.
on 6/6/06 7:02 am - bellingham, WA
Mom wants at least 1500 square ft home to keep all her keepsakes in. Dad want,s his pets and little or no yard work to do. They need to be close to me. They are used to Eastern Washington prices and have a very low buget. I am trying to fit that in and oh yes Mom says she must have 2 bathrooms cause she is getting older and Dad camps out in the bathroom. She speaks the truth about that!! I am tired from doing my job and looking for this next to impossible home for them. Help!!! I either eat to much cause I am too tired or don't eat enough cause am too tired. Mom has breast cancer and Dad 4 heart bye pass sug. and diebetis and they are both in thier late 70's. They both say they don't want or won't buy a condo. Any sugestions??? I am their last living child. My younger brothers both died due to cancer. One 16 years old and the other 54 years.
kdietsch
on 6/6/06 12:03 pm - Everett, WA
HI Cheryl, Oh my, you do have a problem! My sympathies are with you as you go through this difficult process. From what I understand the Bellingham area is growing rapidly (my parents live near Ferndale). As our parents grow older we are often faced with difficult decisions. It sounds like your parents' health is not the best, and that they will be needing serious medical care in the very near future. Have you and they discussed ASSISTED LIVING? I know it is not the best, and it would mean giving up some of their nicknacks and freedom, but there are a huge number of nice assisted living places cropping up and I am sure some of them have some of what your parents want. (Maybe not the size-- my goodness 1500 is a lot for two infirm people). You might need to have someone else help you discuss this with your parents, although if they are wanting to move to be closer to you that is a good sign that they are willing to change at least some things. Take care of yourself!!! If you are the sole care-giver then you must be healthy yourself! Stress does some major damage to our bodies!!! Good luck. Blessings Peace and Strength Kelly
Most Active