If you could ask a personal trainer anything.......

tulipberry999
on 6/6/06 12:18 pm - Vancouver, WA
I'd like to hear from the WLS community (post-op) what questions or topics you think are important if you could talk to a personal trainer. I'm lucky enough to know some very renowned personal trainers, and they will be coming to the support group I facilitate. Since I have this guest willing to come spend time with us - what issues or information would you like to have? If you have any questions I can get answered for you - please feel free to post them as well. I'll try to get answers for you. Thanks! Kimberly
kdietsch
on 6/7/06 12:33 pm - Everett, WA
Wow Kimberly, Thanks for this great opportunity! Here are my questions. 1) What is the best balance of exercise to promote healthy weight loss? (how much cardio vs weight vs yoga etc...) 2) I am 46, and heading into Menopause, are there any specific exercises that will help firm up the middle of me? 3) What can I use and do at home (I can't afford to go to the gym) that would "replicate" or come close to using the resistance machines at a gym? 4) How long should I rest a "muscle" before stressing it again? Thanks a bunch! I look forward to reading the answers! Kelly
Blackthorne
on 6/12/06 3:16 pm - Alpharetta, GA
I have a personal trainer that I meet with, so these are things that may be more of general interest for the community: What exercises (if any) can help ward off a hernia? What exercises are best PRE-op to prepare the body for surgery? (Bearing in mind that pre-op, many MO people have limited mobility & stamina) If you can only do 5-10 min a day (or at a time), is it worth it to even bother? (I believe it is, but it would be worth it for people who DON'T exercise to hear their perspective since I'm guessing they'll agree with me)
Most Active