First log

ircute
on 6/4/06 6:49 pm - Graham, WA
I am 5 days into my post op & have become depressed. I was so ready for this to happen & now that it has come & passed......... Well I just don't understand why I am not happier. Maybe it's the pain. I don't know. I can't sleep & I don't want to be seen or anything. I just don't know what's wrong.:-s
kdietsch
on 6/5/06 2:35 pm - Everett, WA
Hi again! It looks like your second message posted first... Don't you love technology?! Be gentle with yourself. Take a journal and write down what you are feeling. Then write down your hopes and goals and why you wanted to do this. Something about putting it all on paper really helps the mind deal with it. When you feel good enough start walking. Getting oxygen running through the blood helps the healing process, and also helps the mood. I know I second-guessed myself for a week after surgery-- "Did I do the right thing", "why couldn't I do it on my own", "is this going to work for me" all sorts of questions ran through my head.... But now a few months out I feel great, I am looking great, and I am HAPPY! Keep in touch, and if you would like to talk email me and we can exchange phone numbers! Don't suffer alone! Here's a Chin Up hug from me! Blessings Strength and Peace Kelly
Sun Smith
on 6/6/06 3:35 pm - Seattle, WA
I hate to say it, but it is normal. Perhaps a little quicker for you than some, but normal. Others have posted that when we start our weight loss the hormones that are trapped in our fat are released. As a result for a couple of months are emotions are out of whack. I don't know if that is the "true" scientific explanation - but I and many others have gone through the same thing. Add to that - many of us are emotional eaters, which is difficult on a liquid diet. Thinking of you {{{hug}}} -Pam
Most Active