June 2nd Exercise Post

auntlorlee
on 6/2/06 1:53 am - Bellingham, WA
Well here we are again! Another Friday! Yeeehaw! Even though this week was short, it sure seemed lonnnnnnng! I didn't get my walk in last night... It was pouring buckets at my house when I finally got home at 6:30. I just didn't feel like getting wet! I won't get my walk in today either. Unfortunately, a friend passed away last Saturday and his funeral is today. He drowned in a local lake. He was only 54 years old. The worst part is that his grandson, who is only 10, was there when it happened. He tried desperately to save his grandpa. They think maybe he had a heartattack and that is the reason he didn't try and swim. So sad. So I get to go to my 3rd funeral in the last 6 months. Anyhoo... I will get my walking in this weekend. My 15 year old daughter has her first volleyball tournament of the summer tomorrow morning. It's an all day event so I will be on my feet most of the day. She said the sweetest thing to me last night. She looked me up and down and said, "MOM! You are sooo tiny!!!" I said, "Not Yet sweetie but I am working on it!!" She said, "NO MOM! You are tiny NOW!" Bless her heart! She made my day! I must have looked good yesterday because even my husband couldn't take his eyes off me! I had to ask him if he was ok! He just smiled and grabbed a handful of my saggy butt! So, what are you all gonna do to move your butts today? Whatever it is, enjoy it to the fullest!!! Lori 281/178/140-150
clegate
on 6/2/06 10:23 am - Shelton, WA
So sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes it's hard to understand why somethings happen the way they do. Will think about you today and your friends too. As for you daughter, I think you should give that girl a raise! Carol
ncarter11
on 6/2/06 4:39 pm - Edmonds, WA
I didn't to a SINGLE thing today! Could we call it an unplanned 'day of recovery?' hehehe. I shopped, does that count? Fridays usually have little or nothing on the workout calendar. Tomorrow. Well, I waited too long to register for the Issaquah Tri and it's now sold out ! Of course I plan to go and cheer on my fellow training friends. One has inspired her 8 yo daughter and little Hailee is doing her first TRI tomorrow!! Anyway, to console myself for not being able to participate, I plan to bike from Lake Sammamish Park (the site of the Tri) to my home in Edmonds. I expect that it'll be about 35 miles. A freind is driving my car home for me. I'm all packed and ready to GO!!! YIPPPEEEEE! Sleep well, all. God bless. Nan
kdietsch
on 6/4/06 12:31 am - Everett, WA
Lori, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. How horrible for his grandson. The pain of losing someone is always great, and with each person you lose you recall the pain of past losses. I do hope you were good to yourself on that day. Bless your daughter and husband. Isn't it fun to have a built-in support group at home! My daughter is also a real support to me. She is loving having a disappearing mom! Nancy I'm sorry you didn't get into the Issaquah Tri. You were training so hard for it! Rats. Can't believe so many people participate that something like that could be "sold out". Hmmm maybe there is something to it. But 35 miles on your bike is also not too shabby. Have you thought about the Seattle to Portland bike thing? I have heard it is pretty intense! Friday was also a "lazy" day for me. I just couldn't manage to even walk the dog in the morning. But the sun was shining Friday evening and my daughter and I took the dog for 2 miles. She rode her new bike and I walked. Then Saturday morning we did the same thing-- except for 5.5 miles! and then we rode our bikes to the "community transit festival" which was about 1.5 miles from our house at the transit headquarters/center. Lots of fun. Last night I got a few dance moves in as I chaperoned the Prom (first time ever) what fun. 4 of us chaperones (all single women) went to an upscale restaurant in Seattle. I would highly recommend the "WILD GINGER". Wonderful flavors my tongue was very happy! I had a few problems with the chewing the mushrooms, and Antonio didn't let me forget I he was there.... TOday it is pouring so we won't ride our bikes to church. It will probably be a work at home day today.... lots of grading to do. Take care Kelly
Most Active