craving for chocolate

skt0435
on 5/30/06 7:56 am - spanaway, WA
Lately I have been having a craving for chocolate. Is this normal?
auntlorlee
on 5/30/06 8:41 am - Bellingham, WA
I get those cravings too but not nearly as often as I did pre-op! Have you tried any of the sugarfree chocolates? You are fairly early out so check with your surgeon first. Lori
lilacs
on 5/30/06 12:22 pm - Marysville, WA
Kill two birds with one stone........... The Protein Delite Alpine Chocolate or the Chocolate Coconut are FABULOUS - and they have mini choc chips in them!! The sf chocolate is great, but be forewarned: It will cause extreme gas if eaten to excess. (Don't ask how I know this.) Linda -208
kdietsch
on 5/30/06 2:40 pm - Everett, WA
OH, Yeah, I cheated big time this weekend and had some chocolate. Wow did it taste good! I have been "so good" since surgery.... But I have chewable vitamins now that taste like chocolate, and I use the Unjury chocolate protein drin****aisionally that helps, and I just discovered chocolate soy milk. Keeps me almost happy. When I went to the nutrionist a few months back she said that our bodies crave not the chocolate but the magnesium in the chocolate, so if you increase your magnesium then you should satisfy the chocolate craving. Good luck Kelly
auntlorlee
on 5/31/06 2:53 am - Bellingham, WA
Good info on the magnesium Kelly! Thanks for sharing! Lori
rayehawk
on 6/4/06 6:28 am - Eastside Seattle 'burb, WA
Susan asked And Rachel responds . . . Does a bear poop in the woods? Are you human female? My suggestions: Stack Chocolate protein shake. Power Crunch Triple Choc protein cookie. Stack Chocolate protein shake. *or* Stack Chocolate protein shake. Good luck! Are you coming to VitaLady's support group next week? Hope to see you!
Most Active