May 23rd Exercise Post

auntlorlee
on 5/23/06 2:30 am - Bellingham, WA
Ok, so I have been doing this post now for a couple of months I think. I am taking a poll to see if you want me to continue to do it. I am hoping that EVERYONE reads it. You don't have to respond. My goal is to put the idea of exercising everyday into your heads and hope that I can inspire you to get your bodies moving. Should I continue? I think YES!!! I am walking 3 miles today. I have my 9-month check up tomorrow and want to maintain my weight at 180. I am going to waterload like crazy today and hope that I have a good weigh in. Ok, don't think that I don't drink my water daily and am just now doing it for tomorrow. I just don't drink a buttload of water. I drink my 64oz most days but want to make extra effort today. I am off the rest of the week. I have taken 2 extra vacation days so I can have a lonnnggg weekend! I will try and get on from home during my time off but I am not guaranteeing it!! I might be out doing something to celebrate my making it to the century club!! I wish I could go get my tattoo... hmm maybe I will! So what are you going to do to move your butts today? Whatever it is, enjoy burning those calories and losing that fat!!! Take care and happy day! Lori 281/180/140 40 lbs to goal! Member of the Century Club!!!
tulipberry999
on 5/23/06 2:51 am - Vancouver, WA
Okay - i've been meaning to post here but have slacked off. However - I will start to post when I can just to try to help some. Today: 50 minute run on ellipitical at 145h/p/m 450 calories burned 1 hour with personal trainer at various heart rate Pure weight training Calories burned: TBD 315/160 Body fat goal: 15-20% Last check: 25% on 12/26/05
auntlorlee
on 5/23/06 7:30 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks for posting Kimberly!!! That is so awesome! You are doing fantastic! Lori
ncarter11
on 5/23/06 4:54 am - Edmonds, WA
YES YES YES - You should continue to post! Even if people are slow to respond. Redefining ourselves starts before we ever get on the table, don't you think? We all need regular reminders that this isn't a miracle surgery... there's work to be done, but some of the work can be FUN! Moving is one of the surprising fun factors! It doesn't stink as much as the fatchick in me thinks! Lessee... I did the Haul Ash on Sunday - that was 40 mile bike ride. Flat and fun and not hard - I would recommend it. Cyclists come in all shapes and sizes! It's very cool to see people in all body types being ACTIVE! What was funny and shocking was to see what these people ate at the midway point! Huge plates of FRIES! And Beer (which was included in the registration fee, BUT...) Goodness! Yesterday, I ran prolly three miles. And later got in the freaking-cold lake! The first few dips of the season are about acclimation. I stayed in too long - it took hours to recover. But I am doing better this year than last. After fast weightloss the body has a harder time maintaining body temps - one of the reasons we get more cold postop. My body *is* adjusting! Today, I suppose I am going to swim. IN THE POOL this time! Keep up the great posts. You are doing wonderful job at regular exercise and encouraging us, Lori. Thank you for all your encouragement!
auntlorlee
on 5/23/06 7:33 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks for the encouragement Nancy! You have been my inspiration ever since I first came to OH. I have watched you go from just having surgery to running marathons! I did make it out for my walk today! It rained on me the last 3 blocks but I didn't get too wet. I just put my head down and walked a little faster and burned more calories! Take care and stay warm!! Lori
ncarter11
on 5/23/06 7:55 am - Edmonds, WA
Oh! I've been told that you burn more cals when you workout in the cold. I haven't confirmed that - but I'm buying into it! HA! Change of workout plans for today - another friend and I are going to crash step class to wish the instructor (dear friend) happy birthday!! I can't remember the last time I took a step class! I'm a little nervous! I posted some new pics on my profile! :D
ncarter11
on 5/23/06 7:57 am - Edmonds, WA
Hi again - I can't remember how you go about changing the face pic that's next to our posts.... can you remind me? Thank muchly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
auntlorlee
on 5/23/06 8:08 am - Bellingham, WA
Actually we can change our own message board pics now! Just go to the main message board and click on the "user settings" tab in the upper left hand corner. It's really easy! Lori
ncarter11
on 5/23/06 8:21 am - Edmonds, WA
Thank you thank you!
lhasaraptormom
on 5/23/06 8:41 am - Spokane, WA
Well I have not exercised yet today, but while my daughter is at softball practice I am going to walk 2 miles on the track. I have been cleaning house today deep deep cleaning. woof lots of work! I hit the onederland mark and I am officially 197! woohoo!! YES! Lori please continue to do this I read it everyday it is here and it really does motivate me and remind me to "just do it" sorry moment of nerdiness. Have a great day all. Love J
Most Active