Another tourist is coming to Seattle and Vancouver, BC - what to do??

Laurie LOVES her DS
on 5/20/06 3:46 pm - Southern, CA
Hello from a So Calif Obesity Help peep ... My niece is getting married in Arlington WA in mid June, so we thought since we're there we better hit all the fun places to see in Seattle and maybe drive up to Vancouver since my hubby and kids have never been to Canada. So ... what are the "must visit" places in Seattle and Vancouver, Canada?? Thanks!! Laurie in So Calif.
kdietsch
on 5/21/06 3:57 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Laurie, You will love it up here! The Pacific NW is awesome at this time of year. Your daughters will love The Experience Music Project. (lovingly referred to as EMP) it is an "interactive museum" of Modern Music. Lots of costumes (KISS, Elvis, etc..) Lots of Guitarres, lots of Jimi Hendrix and other "greats" . You can even make your own music. It is located at the SEATTLE CENTER-- which is also fun to visit. A trip up the Space Needle will give a great view of Seattle and the surrounding area. REI is also headquartered in Seattle. If your girls like outdoorsy sports stuff, that would be a place to hit.... Pike Place Market is a must for "shoppers" looking for local art/craft/food/culture/fun.... The water front is also fun, touristy.... If they are into Malls, then the SUPERMALL in Auburn (southeast of Seattle) would be appropriate. Although there are outlet malls all along the I-5 corridor between Everett and Bellingham... In Vancouver there's the aquarium at Stanely Park. Lots of great shopping up there as well, but I am less familiar with it. A trip to Grouss Mountain is also recommended if you want the scenery! Have fun! Kelly
bootymama
on 5/22/06 1:39 am - mount vernon, WA
Oh my the choices you have are endless! My hubby works in Arlington! what a tiny lil hick town it is! K, anyways, things to see and do: obviously the space needle the seattle center, the EMP,Mt.St.Helens observitory,Tillicum Village, the San Juan Islands....we have the best whale sightings ever!,Pike Place Market,lists goes on..have fun though!
Most Active