point me in the right direction

bubbasparks
on 5/19/06 4:42 am - seattle, WA
Hello everyone... this is my first post... I"m STRONGLY considering the surgery but I'm currently on dshs. They say they will pay for the procedure BUT I'd like to know who actually accepts dshs. They would not give me a list of any doctors/hospitals so I was wondering if anyone has had recent experience with dshs and where did you go to have your procedure done? Thanks in advance :)
lilacs
on 5/19/06 11:17 am - Marysville, WA
This is a link to the page of Doctors in our area. I would just call around to all of them and find one that does accept DSHS. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeons+in+washington.html Good luck - and congratulations!! Just deciding to have this surgery is a huge milestone. Linda -208
bubbasparks
on 5/20/06 6:27 am - seattle, WA
Thank you for the response, I was viewing that page just before posting my question.... I spoke to dshs to try to get more information and they told me the doctor at my local clinic would refer me... So maybe I'll just wait to make an appointment with him and see what he says. I'd still like to hear first hand from people who have used dshs insurance and how long from start to fini**** took. why is there no search function?? I'm sure if there were one I'd beable to find my answer since I"m sure this question has been asked before
kdietsch
on 5/21/06 3:41 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Bubba, can't help you in your search but I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!! AND STAY THE COURSE. From what I understand the process can be quite stressful, but it is SO WORTH IT in the end. I am a self-pay Lap Band and I would do it over again in a heart beat! Take care. Never give up! Kelly
Most Active