New to Seattle, WA area - looking for a good support group

kerridale
on 5/18/06 5:49 am - Issaquah, WA
Hello I recently moved up to the Seattle, WA area from Southern California. I am looking for a good support group near downtown Seattle, Bellevue or Issaquah area. I had surgery 7/29/05; weight loss of over 100 pds. Had laproscopic bariatric surgery and doing great! Had a great support group in Southern California and would love to find one in Washington. Thanks, Kerri
lilacs
on 5/18/06 1:32 pm - Marysville, WA
Congratulations on your weight loss - GREAT JOB!!! Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland has a great support group. Meet second Tuesday of the month in the Tan building beside the hospital - Room 100 (or 101, can't remember) http://www.evergreenhealthcare.org/services/bariatrics/support/support_groups.htm Linda -208
kerridale
on 5/23/06 12:58 am - Issaquah, WA
Thanks Linda - this is good news. I will put this on my calendar. Oh - what time does the group meet?
auntlorlee
on 5/19/06 3:02 am - Bellingham, WA
Welcome to Washington Kerri! And congrats on doing so well!!! I hope you find a good support group. I, unfortunately, live way up north so I am limited on them. I can drive south a ways to get to one but just can't seem to find the time! I have two teenagers that keep me very busy! Glad you found us! Lori
kdietsch
on 5/21/06 4:05 pm - Everett, WA
Welcome to Washington Kerri! It is different that SoCal! But also oh so nice in it's own way! Good luck finding a support group to meet with. I know they are out there. And I know how important a good group can be to continuing to lose and to maintain weight lost! I am using this Board and others as my support group for now. It is terribly hard to find the time to meet.... Good for you for making it a priority! Please continue to post and get to know us here! (I am a "newbie" I got banded 6 weeks ago in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Kuri, I have lost #27 pounds so far, and am lovin it! Absolutely the best thing I could have done for myself)! Take care and Keep in touch! Kelly
Most Active