Approved!

clegate
on 5/18/06 11:37 am - Shelton, WA
I had my phone consultation with Harriet at GHC today. If all my tests are OK, I am approved. Now for the very long 1 year wait. I will have RNY proximal. I am so excited but disappointed because of the long wait. Carol
auntlorlee
on 5/19/06 3:00 am - Bellingham, WA
YESSSSS! That is awesome news Carol! The wait is long but it is sooooo worth it! I submitted my request in October 2004, was denied, resubmitted in January 05, was approved February 05 and had surgery in August 05. So I waited 10 months. But my insurance was ending coverage Oct 1 so I had to get in before that happened. Hopefully your wait won't take a whole year. I am now 9 months out and it seems like just yesterday I was waiting for August to get here. It really does go by fast. Use this next year to get your body ready for this. Get out and walk a little bit every day. Start a better eating plan. Keep yourself busy so you don't think about it! And keep up on your journal here. If you look at mine, I started it in June of 2004. It helped to be able to write down my frustrations, triumphs, etc. And now I have a record of my long journey! I am so happy for you! Do you know who is doing your surgery? I told Harriet that I didn't care which surgeon did mine. I find that most people want Dr. Bock, but Dr. Au does a great job too. He is the one who did mine and I am very pleased. Maybe you will get in sooner if you request him? I dunno... Congrats! Lori
kdietsch
on 5/21/06 4:09 pm - Everett, WA
Congratulations Carol! Just think of all the positive things you can do in the year before your surgery! Don't wait until after your surgery to make those important positive changes to your lifestyle! You will be amazed at how quickly the time flies when you are focusing on other things! Good luck and Never give up! Blessings Peace and Strength on your journey! Kelly
Most Active