May 17th Exercise Post

auntlorlee
on 5/17/06 2:54 am - Bellingham, WA
Hello all you beautiful people! Another gorgeous day in Washington! I did my 2.5 miles yesterday! It felt good to get out there again! Today I will do a mile. I will walk instead of driving to run errands. Thank goodness I work in a small town and can accomplish much of them by walking. I talked with my nutritionist yesterday and she told me that every bit of exercise we do is cumulative. So if we make sure we walk a bit EVERY day, it all adds up to calories burned and fat lost! So, my plan is to walk at least a mile a day on the days I am not walking my 2.5. She thinks I am doing great. I think I am doing so so. I am still not losing any weight. But I must be losing inches so it's all good I guess. I bought two pairs of size 10 stretch levis and they both fit! I tried them both on last night and I can't believe that my once big butt fits into these tiny jeans! Granted Levi's run on the big side, but I am still in a size 10/12 in all of my pants. I should be happy with that. But I am so concerned about how much I weigh. I just need to quit weighing myself and be happy with how I look and feel instead. So what are you all gonna do to move your butts today? Get out and enjoy this gorgeous weather while it lasts! Lori 281/186/140
Camano-Tina
on 5/17/06 11:55 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi Lori: Thanks for checking out my photos---I know there are a lot! Today, I started my exercising again. I was going to yesterday, but, we just got a new Pom, Chiffon, and I couldn't bear to leave her. She's only 6 pounds, and adorable. But today I was determined. I walked my 3 miles on the treadmill and swam for one hour. It felt good getting back into the swing of things. Of course this gorgeous weather doesn't hurt. You are looking and doing great, Lori. I can't even imagine fitting into a size 10 jeans. Way to go, girl! Love, Santina
kdietsch
on 5/17/06 2:55 pm - Everett, WA
YOu go girl!!! size 10 is certainly a NON SCALE VICTORY!!! I don't even own a scale-- and I find that it is much easier to not fixate on the whole weight issue. If I need to weigh myself I find a scale somehow (my neighbor (also WLS) has been really good the two times I have weighed myself at her place in the last 6 weeks. But tomorrow I go in for my first fill. My daughter and I are flying to San Diego, and will spend Friday at Sea World, so we should get some walking done there!!! Hopefully we won't be fried to a crisp!. Take care and keep on walking. I got out after dinner again tonite for a 2.5 mile jaunt. I find myself trying to increase my speed without actually jogging/running, which is still too hard on my joints! So keep up the good work. Take care and I'll be back on Monday. Kelly
ncarter11
on 5/18/06 5:58 am - Edmonds, WA
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Your posts are sure motivational, Lori! You are doing great. I am guilty of letting the scale (yes, even below goal the scale is a beast!) dictate how I feel about my body, size, and success. It's a mental, not a physical thing so much. It sounds like you are really doing well to plow thru. Revel in the changes you have made and accomplished. You will continue to accomplish fab things! Nancy
Most Active