I tasted the Unjury and Isopure Drinks...

Tina P.
on 5/11/06 5:20 am - Mill Creek, WA
I am pre-op and I know that my tastes will change after surgery, but I needed to try some stuff prior. I ordered the samples of Unjury... the chocolate was pretty good, the unflavored though was yucky. i tried mixing it with watered down apple juice... still not great Am i the only one? Is there something else i should try it with? I also bought a bottle of the Isopure from GNC... the alpine flavor (fruit punch) HOLY COW!!! I had to water that down as well, the after taste is not good. I think i may have to stick to the shakes for my protein and meals during my liquid stage... what do you guys think?
lilacs
on 5/11/06 11:13 am - Marysville, WA
The tasteless is NOT!! Have you tried the Protein Delight ones? They are wonderful and not gritty or proteiny at all. The Coconut Almond is my favorite right now.
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/06 1:14 pm - Haughton, LA
Have you tried the Creamy Vanilla Isopure? I have that and I use the recipe's from Susan Marie's before and after book. I mix 1/2 cup water, 2 scoops of Isopure Vanilla, 1 cup of ice, 1 frozen banana chunk (about 2 inch on banana) 1/2 tsp of vanilla and a tablespoon of peanut butter and that one is my favorite. It tastes like a peanut butter milkshake. There are lots of others. Try using the same water, ice and protein but use 3 frozen strawberries and a frozen banana chunk. They taste like smoothies!! you probably won't be able to drink a whole one until you are at least 3-4 months post op, but you can always make a half of a shake a couple times a day. A whole shake has 50g of protein!! I try to drink one in the morning and one at night to get 100 grams a day. Otherwise I drink one of those and a Nectar Roadside lemonade drink (1 1/2 scoops of Nectar Roadside lemonade, and 6 oz of lemonade Crystal light) at night. That one has 34.5 grams of protein since I use 1 1/2 scoops. I know for me it was VERY hard to find some protein I could stand, and then when I did it wasn't long before I hated that one too. Just keep trying until you find something. Protein is VERY important to get and if you don't take as much as you should it WILL stunt your weight loss. Believe me I learned my lesson the hard way! Good luck!!! LaRae
rayehawk
on 6/13/06 4:57 pm - Eastside Seattle 'burb, WA
You can order samples from VitaLady.com, or call them and make appt for private tasting. Tasting is free. They will help you find some you *like* . . . They have 80-some-odd proteins!
Most Active