Ulysses’s Posts

Ulysses
on 4/20/11 1:44 pm
Topic: RE: NSV-Frisco Gettin High !!! 420
That is cool frisco -

They should just name April 20th "FRIENDLY DAY"
Because we all knopw what a farce Groundhog day is...

LOL@Maui Wowi - "it's mostly Maui Wowi, with a little Labrador mixed in" - Chong

J

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Ulysses
on 4/20/11 1:09 pm
Topic: RE: My scale is a ....trampoline!!!!! ARRRRRGGGHHHH!
I copied this from my blog:

"I also am using the new scale I bought from Amazon - it's a "High Capacity" scale that weighs up to 500Lbs...Why didn't they just name it "Hop on Fat Ass!" it has a womans voice (that you can turn off) that tells you your weight.....###.7 pounds. Good thing I live alone, I would not want that biatch screaming to everyone in the house "FOUR HUNDRED and 54.4 POUNDS!!!"  - it is amazingly accurate for a digital scale, right there with my Surgeons scale."

It was only like 60.00 and is really accurate.

J
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Ulysses
on 4/20/11 1:01 pm
Topic: RE: Just wondering if you all have found new bones in your body lol.

Well OK then...I'm a guy and I'll chime in.
I get my sleeve next Tuesday and am really looking forward to losing the weight.

For many reasons...But mainly...

So that I can go out and find a few NEW bodies to FIND my BONE in.....
It's been far too long...

J

Ulysses
on 4/20/11 5:25 am
Topic: RE: My two fav things so far almost 5 weeks

I ordered about 6 things from amazon including some mini-ice trays. The PB2 was 11.66 for a jar.
The total shipping for all 6 items was only 6.69 - I know some of it was "free super saver shipping" but a few of them were not...
Hope that helped
J

Ulysses
on 4/20/11 4:29 am
Topic: RE: My two fav things so far almost 5 weeks
That PB2 sounds great- I just ordered some from Amazon.
Here is the link in case anyone is interested.
www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-Calories/dp/B002GJ 9JWS

Info:

Pack of 6.5 ounces
Over 90% of the fat is removed from the peanut

Is a all-natural product

47 people gave it a 4.75 star reviews
J

Ulysses
on 4/19/11 12:34 pm
Topic: RE: Home and Sleeved!
Congrats on your surgery!
Sounds like you had one of the EZ ones - I hope mine is as good next tuesday.
I don't want to stay in the hospital very long - i hate everything about them

Congrats again, and I hope you have a very gaseous night!
Farting/burping is great!
But from what I hear....Be very careful of the dreaded Shart while on liquids..

J

Ulysses
on 4/19/11 11:29 am
Topic: RE: Healthysoon is sleeved!
That is great news...
I have my sleeve/surgery with the same surgeon NEXT Tuesday.
I will want to pick her brain when she is home and happy.
J

Ulysses
on 4/19/11 11:25 am
Topic: RE: I have a fat head husband...HELP!
After reading this story and others about relatives "stealing" or quaffing their diet food, I am very happy to be single and to live alone.
My sister does weigh****chers (off and on), and when she is "on" all she buy's for her house is diet food...Her husband (now ex) could either eat the WW food or go out to eat.
Junk food is a bigger issue I would imagine.

One thing though...
Look at it from HIS point of view...He now has to go cold turkey with you, which is not his choice or his fault. I guess the solution depends more on the home dynamic - both of you may need to reach a compromise.
He obviously will not be eating like you as he will have no sleeve, but he can't just starve! And I'm sure you would not want him pigging out on all YOUR diet food...So he is now in the "hot seat" and unwanted position of making a drastic change in his eating habits (again not his choice) to accomidate your new lifestyle because as you say..."I have no willpower".

It's definitely an issue that needs to be resolved and I can totally see both his and your side...Best of luck to you! But again, try to see things from both perspectives.

Good luck,
J

Ulysses
on 4/19/11 10:56 am
Topic: RE: Home and Stankier Than Ever

Welcome back Chris!
I would suggest that you revel in your "stankiness" for as long as possible.
It's not often that we get told NOT to shower.
Although, after that long - i think i would be ready for some serious manscaping.

JennChap is a spitter....Wow, I would not have guessed that.
Makes a guy wonder if all women with WLS have to discuss that with their surgeon???
Rock that sleeve mi amigo!
J

Ulysses
on 4/19/11 10:48 am
Topic: RE: Home and Stankier Than Ever
That is so dissapointing....you really need to "Nut Up" so to speak.
It increases your chick equity or "keeper value" Big Time

J

Ulysses
on 4/19/11 10:37 am
Topic: RE: Tomorrow is the day 5:30 am
Hey Mike -
Have a GREAT surgery tomorrow! I will be having mine in less than a week.

I do know about the catheter......
No you will not know about it if they do it after you are out.
One Problem...
They take it out while you are FULLY awake....
I wish I could tell you its not a big deal....But for me it was a wierd and bad experience. Not really painful - just....Creepy? I could feel it coming out and I could feel that it had been in when I took a leak the next few days. maybe they will remove it while your under?
-I hope I don't have one, but regardless...it will be worth it.
Best of luck,
J

Ulysses
on 4/19/11 9:13 am
Topic: RE: Can I eat this vs. should I eat this.
Great advice - had not heard of the "first golden 6 months"...
Makes absolute sense though, under 40 grams of carbs will put most people into ketosis. I know from former success with the Atkins diet that once you jump out of ketosis with too many carbs the weight loss stops.
Thanks for the info;
I had planned on sticking to my docs/nut plan; but will think of this if "The Temptations" start singing that sweet, soulful music..
J

Ulysses
on 4/19/11 6:30 am
Topic: RE: Obese Ollie... needs love too.. here kitty kitty.....

I too prefer "*******" that have been to the Groomer...
I had a heck of a time when I lived in Europe and worked on a cruise ship...
All the cats I met there were total 70's style..."Do You Know The MUFFIN Man?"
Its definitely a culture shock - and sometimes frightning...
Does the term "Buckwheat in a Headlock" mean anything?
J

...a well known vagitarian

Ulysses
on 4/18/11 3:22 pm
Topic: RE: Here I come

Good luck!
And please let us know how it goes!
Small world....I have my surgery next Tuesday - and we have the same surgeon!
That is rare for idaho -
Let me know how it goes with Dr. Oakley
Hope you have a speedy recovery
J

Ulysses
on 4/18/11 2:14 pm
Topic: RE: OFF VSG TOPIC!! PHOTOSHOOT PICTURES UP!!

Very cool work!
I like the diversity - some of them look like the Hollywood Starlettes (?sp) of old, like marilyn monroe. And some are the Babe next door.
I dig the Paloma Faith looking ones as well...
Very Nice!
J

Ulysses
on 4/18/11 2:03 pm
Topic: RE: Oh Shi....
On April 18, 2011 at 8:07 PM Pacific Time, USAF Wife wrote:
It's very common especially since it's a liquids in, liquids out kind of thing. At this point, DO NOT TRUST A FART. Just sayin' hang in there and keep pushing fluids.
Oh yeah....
FEAR the SHART!

Ulysses
on 4/18/11 12:07 pm
Topic: RE: No Pre-Op diet required so when should I stop eating food
I am not required to do any pre-op diet either, but like you I went ahead and did it (doing it) anyway. I had a "last meal" of a ribeye, steak fries, ice cream etc...But the 1st day of my personal pre-op I thought....OH NO! SUSHI!!! Its even in my blog here on OH, I LOVE sushi and should have had it as I understand rice (especially the sticky sushi rice) will no go down well.
I even prepare my own sushi and have sushi parties....That is the one food that I will miss.
I say go for the sushi! Have all your favorite rolls and splurge on some Hamachi...
Sushi will "clear out" fairly quick anyway.

Good luck with your surgery and have a dynamite roll for me!
J

No More SUSHI FO YOU!

Ulysses
on 4/18/11 11:33 am
Topic: RE: I guess it just takes a little time
Tell them everything...
Even people who are bi-polar or schizophrenic can have WLS - as long as they are on their meds and stable...
I take Celexa and Klonopin and told my surgeon in the 1st meeting - he didn't bat an eye. Same with the shrink eval - he just asked how I was doing on it...I said great and that was that.
No wories at all - your surgeon will tell you in the pre-op meeting when or if to stop taking it before surgery...
For sure...Tell them!
And don't worry....That causes anxiety!

J

Ulysses
on 4/18/11 7:08 am
Topic: RE: The waffle has passed the test...
That is great news!
Chris - now the Swallow King
LMAO - passed the "Swallow test"....
I think Ron jeremy has a video series called that.

After a hot shower maybe his "stank ass" cant treat himself to a facial?
Sorry not PC - but only the wicked will know

Ulysses
on 4/18/11 6:53 am
Topic: RE: Waiting to be approved. Yuck!
Sunshine115 -
I feel your pain.

My surgeons insurance coordinator submitted to Anthem BCBS, CA a total of THREE TIMES before someone finally picked it up.
March 15th - submitted (everything, psych, surgeon, NUT, PCP, testing)
I called Monday the 21st - they claimed they never heard of it or received it.
March the 22nd - insurance submitted for the second time
Called March 28th - a week later...NOTHING! I'm getting pissed at this point and was like WTF is the issue here???
March 29th Insurance submitted for the 3rd time!
March 30th My surgeon calls Anthem and demanded to speak with whoever was in charge - what a great guy!
Same day, March 30th - Insurance received/confirmed and assigned to a case worker/nurse.
------------
Then starts the dreaded....PENDING
More Pending
Still Pending/Under review
April 4th...PENDING
April 8th - Still PENDING and under review
The weekend of April 9th and 10th the PENDING Monster visited my dreams/nightmares - it had actually killed Chuck Norris before setting it's sites on me.
-------
April 11th call drom my surgeons office.........Drum Roll - APPROVED!!!
Yeah! I could NOT believe it...I'm a guy, but I felt like I just gave birth to Pendings Red Headed Step Child...GAWDS!
BTW: Just last Friday (two weeks after i was approved) Anthem sent me a letter saying I was approved.....IDIOTS!
---
So chin up sunshine115 - it will happen!
I hate the word pending now - but I will have my sleeve in a week!
Best of luck,
J

Ulysses
on 4/18/11 5:46 am
Topic: RE: Anyone getting Sleeved April 28th???

I am getting sleeved on the 26th - I could be your "Sleeve-Bro?"...Just doesn't flow like sleeve-sista, but...Hey! It works - J

Ulysses
on 4/17/11 5:27 pm
Topic: RE: Changing my mind

My surgeon is the head of the Bariatric Center of Excellence here in my city.
On the 1st seminar I went to the first thing he said (maybe not THE 1st) was that he WILL NOT perform a Lap Band surgery on anyone. He went on to explain why - many have already been posted. If someone really wants a lap band then they have to go through 1 of the other 2 surgeons on staff.
That tells me volumes---- 3 of 4 surgeons at my BCE won't perform the lap band.

My consult with the my surgeon (I was all ready for RNY) resulted in me opting for the sleeve. After loads of research I can tell you it is the way to go...The sleeve cannot be undone, but it can be altered to RNY or a Duodenal Switch.

Best of luck in your choice!
J

Ulysses
on 4/17/11 4:07 pm
Topic: RE: new picture

Great picture - I checked out the before and after on your page as well.
When the subject said "HOT"....WOW! They were not kidding!!!
You also look so much younger - I notice that in a lot of before and afters. It's like youth, vitality and a spark magically returns to the person. I can't wait for it to be my time - 1 week till my sleeve!
J

Ulysses
on 4/17/11 3:02 pm
Topic: RE: OT: Being Selfish?

I live alone and don't get my sleeve for another 8 days, so I don't have that problem. But I will have to address the same thing with visitors soon. I always have the guy's over for games and my relatives do pop by and "raid away" in my fridge...Well, all they are going to find is MY FOOD from now on. So I think I will just set a BYOF (bring your own food) rule at my house.

Obviously if I'm hosting I will supply the goods, but I have no intention of letting anyone eat MY FOOD when they raid. I'm doing the pre-op now and if my dad came over and slurped down my low cal/carb high protein egg drop soup that I made from scratch then I would be pissed!

If you don't feel like addressing the issue then try this. Next time you know he is coming over, hide most of YOUR FOOD, but leave out some diet food that is laced with 100% pure Habenero Sauce. Like a nice bowl of sugar free cheescake pudding with a little special "sumpin sumpin" in it. Pavlovs theory of conditioned response..
Or, buy a little dorm fridge off Craigslist for your stash and lock it.

Good luck
J

Ulysses
on 4/17/11 9:59 am
Topic: RE: Ok..so I finally had the guts to do it..
Yo Chris -
That is a real OMFG difference dude...
Hopefully I'll have the guts to put some up when it's time
Amazing bro.
J

Most Active
Recent Topics