Ulysses’s Posts

Ulysses
on 8/23/11 1:39 pm
Topic: RE: Why isnt the tracker updating
I go to MY OH - scroll down to Health Tracker and update the info there.
Then I refresh the page and it shows up. It can sometimes take a few minutes unless you refresh the page...Good luck

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Ulysses
on 8/23/11 1:14 pm
Topic: RE: officially sleeved today
Congrats Shayne!
Did your stomach fly away to heaven or did it end up in the misc parts bin at the hospital?
Best of luck!

Jason
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Ulysses
on 8/23/11 12:44 pm
Topic: RE: Almost 6 weeks out face pics
Huge difference!
What a stunner you are...

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/22/11 7:26 am
Topic: RE: NSV: Wedding Ring.. what?!?!?!?!?!
Don't be alarmed, but there is a little tiny spy right behind you...
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/21/11 7:45 am
Topic: RE: WOOHOO! 100 GONE!
  Way to go - what a great milestone!

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/21/11 7:37 am
Topic: RE: I did it! 100 lbs GONE!
Well Done! Just hit that mark myself - it does feel good.
Congrats,
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/21/11 7:32 am
Topic: RE: Goal? Oh yes I did.
You look FANTASTIC!!! Even with those stubby little toes
Congrats on your amazing success - it is hot in Texas!

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/20/11 6:03 am
Topic: RE: Before & After mugshots

You look great!

What a difference...No more double chin - that's what I love about my sleeve (one *****

Congrats,

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/18/11 2:01 pm
Topic: RE: Help O
Tell him you have a boyfriend and he is real jealous if you have "male friends".
Or, give him a swift kick right to family jewels.
Or be honest and say your just not into him and he makes you feel uncomfortable...
Best of luck,

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/18/11 12:50 pm
Topic: RE: Realized I'm almost a year out AND finally hit onederland
Great work! I can almost visualize my 1 year.
Keep on keepin on and CONGRATS!!!

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/18/11 6:06 am
Topic: RE: Was your surgery a secret?

I told my mother - she was great and completely supportive.
I told my father - he is a Primary Care Physician and had WLS (RNY) 5 years ago.

That was it - no one from work or any friends. My brother kind of guessed and so did my sister, my sister is into OA and lives WW like some kind of cult, so she was against it. But I'm happy with my decision. After all - it's my business and my choice.

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/15/11 11:10 am
Topic: RE: flirty thirty today...
Happy B-Day! I wish I would have gotten my sleeve done when I was 30.
Oh well, I'm 39 and several months  so it's never too late
Cheers,
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/14/11 8:47 am
Topic: RE: Next food network star.....please vote for my friend Jeff !!!

Jeff is pretty much a shoe in - all the judges and guest stars say he's got it.
Vick Vegas/Mo/Mamma's Boy will not end up without at least some guest appearances on Food Network.
I am just glad that that evil witch the "Mediterranean Mamma" is out. That back stabbing ho-bag turned my skin.
You never know....Susie Jimenez might just sneak in on top...Its all about money for the Food Network and Susie has a wider range of cuisine than sandwiches - and better boobs than Jeff.

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/14/11 8:20 am
Topic: RE: From 300+ to Onederland!

WOW! Congrats on your success - you look amazing.
Way to work that sleeve.
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/13/11 10:20 am
Topic: RE: NEXIUM can kiss my butt!

So I have heartburn for the first time in my life after surgery. Not really bad but it's there. I go to my PCP this week and he calls in a script for Nexium.
I go to pick that up along with two other scripts, the pharmacy said that my insurance doesn't cover Nexium (all my other scripts are only 5.00). I said oh well how much is it for a month?
The pharmacist say's "that would be 229.00 dollars"......I was like What the **** Now I don't know how much Crack or Meth cost, but its got to less then that!

What the hell is IN this magic pill?
Does it make your penis sprout like a spring Zuchinni?
Make you irresitable to the opposite sex?
Can you crap a golden egg after taking it?....DAMN!

I told him I will pass, then he told me OTC prilosec is about the same exact thing.
Looks like Tums and generic Prilosec for me...JEEEEZ

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/13/11 5:08 am
Topic: RE: Woodrow Wilson Bridge NSV (long with pics)
Awesome! I know I could not have done that walk (especially in work pants).
Congrats on your progress
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/12/11 11:25 am
Topic: RE: Acid reflux after surgery?

I never had a problem with heartburn in my entire life - I could eat a whole habenero pepper np...
After surgery I now have heartburn off and on even after drinking water. I bought OTC Xantac and Tums - they work pretty good. Had a appt with my PCP this week and he is going to put me on Nexium?
Good luck
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/11/11 11:28 am
Topic: RE: Week 26 (6 Months) Post-Op Update (Pics)
Way to go bro!
I feel great about being just obese and not super obese...What was so "super" about that anyway?
Awesome job in just 6 months! Congrats...
All the best -
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/11/11 8:33 am
Topic: RE: 3.5 months and 100lbs down!!!
So I got sleeved on 4/26/11 - and as many of you know I had complications and was in the hospital for 2.5 months. During that stay they fed me through an IV - a high calorie drip to help fight infections, and then a NT nose to stomach drip tube that was 1800 calories a day.

I have been out (from hospital prison) for less than a month and have been drinking 3 shakes a day and sometimes a little food. I really have no desire whatsoever to eat and put down my shakes, vitamins and fluid out of necessity. I have no idea how I lost weight while laying on my back in the ICU, but I did.

Best thing is I have officially lost 100 pounds since my sleeve date (I still have to name my sleeve). I may have had stalls but had no way to track them. All I know is that my sleeve is WORKING! I go back to work on September 1st and will probably have some explaining to do as I originally told my co-workers it was gall bladder surgery - they don't need to know my private business. By that time I may be down 110-120lbs.

I definitely need to raid my old slimmer clothes cache, and probably buy a lot of new **** on-line. All of my dress shirts are size 22-24 neck and look like a sail on my now.

Cheers OH friends!

Jason

Even will all the complications and the million dollar stay at the hospital I am glad I had the procedure done. After all, I am 100lbs down and cruising to hotness and the hospital stay is/was in the past......Just a bump in the road.

Ulysses
on 8/10/11 6:22 am
Topic: RE: 2 MONTHS- 48 POUNDS!!!!
Was that TV show on the Food Network? Called "The best thing I ever ate" Fried chicken edition?
I saw that too, odd thing is I still LOVE watching the food network but am just not hungry.
Congrats on your loss -
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/10/11 6:05 am
Topic: RE: Learned the hard way not to drink and lay down....
That's odd...I drink right before bed and during the night. I wake up a few times during the night and have my water next to me - then have a few drinks before laying back down.
I've never had any issues...I guess everyones different.
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/9/11 1:02 pm
Topic: RE: Major NSV, I think - Like Peeling an Onion
I hear you Rouxful,
I am down almost a hundred and I am still wearing some 6X sails/tents. I kept a lot of my clothes from my slimmer days - I just need to go through them.
Big and Tall joints are really exspensive, so I am just going to forage through my old stuff. Hopefully those size 36 501 button fly jeans I have had since the late 80's will be in my future.

Congrats on your success so far and good luck in future
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/9/11 7:29 am
Topic: RE: Air Travel.. sans the Belt Extension! (Pics)

Congrats!
That is on of my goals - to eBay my seat belt extender. I bought a really nice one that fits almost every airline because I was too embarassed to ask for one.
Good for you bro...
Regards,
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/8/11 10:40 am
Topic: RE: More black than a witch on Halloween!! NSV!!
I hear you on the black wardrobe...I have been going through all the shirts that don't fit anymore and 75% of them are black. Maybe I was a undercover Goth or an EMO.

You look GREAT in that dress - the legs aren't shabby either

Congrats,
Jason

Ulysses
on 8/7/11 12:35 pm
Topic: RE: Seven Months Post Op

Way to go bro!
I started at 460 and am almost 100lbs down - its nice to have a neck right?
You are lookin good - keep it up!
Regards,
Jason

Most Active
Recent Topics