Ulysses’s Posts

Ulysses
on 9/30/11 3:33 am
Topic: RE: On Verge of Quitting
I think its a military acronym for Permanent Change of Station

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Ulysses
on 9/21/11 10:37 am
Topic: RE: my surgeon said no NSAIDS
NO - my surgeon is fine with NSAIDS

I really hope they (the surgeons) would come to a mutual agreement on NSAIDS.
There are zero medication restrictions with VSG.
Now that doesn't mean that some surgeons would prefer their patients not use them.....

Reading this forum could cause ulcerations!

Good luck!

Jasom

"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Ulysses
on 9/14/11 8:53 am
Topic: RE: Check in April 2011 Sleevers!!

I am alive (a good thing)

I am losing weight rapidly, and have not hit a stall.

my damn feet have NOT shrunk.

I am down a total of 125lbs

I am back to work (suuuuuuuuuuxxxxx)

"Twoderville" is in sight!!!

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/14/11 8:43 am
Topic: RE: x post- please give input ..my 2 plastic surgeons have differing opinions!

Your asking for "Tribble Trouble" woman!
COOOO!

J

Ulysses
on 9/14/11 8:31 am
Topic: RE: Just for fun - Do you have something special to buy or do when you hit goal?

When I make goal I am going to do a couple of things;
Buy some nice suits and other clothes of course...
It should be nice and cold (December - January) by goal, so for sure a trip to a beach...I'm thinking St. Martaan - but definitely the Caribbean.

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/14/11 8:26 am
Topic: RE: Just for fun - Do you have something special to buy or do when you hit goal?
The N. Side/Shore of Kauai is simply amazing. I have been there twice - took a helicopter ride through the canyons and a small boat tour of the Napali Coast.
Love that place - and the sushi at 7-11

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/11/11 11:37 am
Topic: RE: Before and After Pics at 4+ months

Thanks Sassy,

Yup - almost 3 months in the hospital pretty much sucked! But I lived, still have my job and now have this great tool to use for permanent weight loss/maint.

Without a sense of humor and a good/positive attitude we would all be a bunch of grumps...And who wants that?

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/11/11 11:11 am
Topic: RE: Before and After Pics at 4+ months
I hope this works as its my 1st attempt at posting pics, and I'm doing it from a MAC
These pics are from the night before surgery, and at about 4 1/2 months out.

Night before VSG - 460lbs

night before surgery - 460lbs

This last picture was taken on September 8th at 336lbs
I still have more than 100lbs to lose, but my sleeve is taking care of business!

Ulysses
on 9/11/11 7:13 am
Topic: RE: Needing advice from anyone that has had VSG
Hi Judylynn,
I have even more to lose than you and I can tell you that I have no doubt that I will make it.
I have already lost 125lbs in about 4.5 months.
Everyone loses at a different pace, but if you stick to the eating plan then 150 pounds should be easily attainable. Maintaining the loss seems to be easier than other surgeries as well (I wouldn't know as I am still losing).
Good luck,

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/10/11 11:36 am
Topic: RE: OMG im a pinup girl!!
Now that is HOT! Great job on your success!

I did actually climb that hateful rope....But I was a wierd little kid, I ran like Forrest Gump and climbed anything like a chubby, tough-skin wearing Spider Man.

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/8/11 8:47 am
Topic: RE: Ever have days when you don't feel like eating?

I am like that all the time - I just have zero desire to eat. I eat because I know I have to.
I usually do at least 2 protein shakes a day and then solid protein if I can tolerate it.
I am the opposite of most people with VSG - I don't mind any protein shake that I have tried, but things like egg salad, chicken salad, meatballs, deli ham etc just make me say YUCK!

Its good in a way and I am losing fast - no problems with fluids. But I would like to get more nutrition in with "real food" rather than protein shakes with milk.

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/7/11 1:00 pm
Topic: RE: What size eggs do you buy?

I buy JUMBO eggs...Much more bang for the buck. large eggs are about 1.80 a dozen and the jumbo's are like $2.15 - hold them up next to each other and there is a dramatic size difference. I use a lot of the white only as the protein is all in the whites (albumen). If I have leftover scambled or ? I just throw them in the fridge and add them to soups or whatever...

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/7/11 12:50 pm
Topic: RE: Hell Yah!!!!!

Way to go Evil Elf (love that name)......BIG congrats!

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/5/11 10:27 am
Topic: RE: One of the best rewards of having VSG!! with pic..

Nice! I wasn't looking at your butt or your boxer's butt either...I was simply admiring thos great hiking sandals. Now those are sweet!

Congrats!

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/4/11 3:16 pm
Topic: RE: Anthem Blue Cross Insurance Question

I have Anthem Blue Cross/California PPO (Hewlett Packard) - they approved the sleeve and do NOT have the 6 month supervised diet requirement. They simply took my surgeons letter that multiple diet attempts have failed.
I got approved within a week of submitting to insurance.

Good luck!

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/3/11 2:04 pm
Topic: RE: When did you quit crushing meds

Same here, I never crushed a pill. My Calcium Citrate is huge so I snap it in half; but my Surgeon never had me crush them...

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/3/11 7:32 am
Topic: RE: Anyone lost 200 +?

I know of several people on this board who have lost 200+ pounds and a lot more. I started at 460 with a goal weight of 200-220lbs. So I have set a goal of 240-260lbs to lose.

I had surgery 4 months and a week ago and have lost 120lbs so far...I have no doubt that the next 120 will be lost and I will make goal.
Good luck Amanda!

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/3/11 5:44 am
Topic: RE: I'm sleeved!

BIG Congrats on you sleeve!
Nice view from your room too.
Can't wait to hear about your progress, take it easy during your healing

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/1/11 5:04 am
Topic: RE: Score of the Day

That was a serious score! I have cooked lobster several different ways - just the tails as well. Let me give you a URL that should help out -
www.lobsterhelp.com/cooking-lobster-tails.html

that site should tell you how to boil, braise, bake, steam (insert Forrest Gump here)
Enjoy that langosta - I'm jealous.

Jason

Ulysses
on 9/1/11 4:38 am
Topic: RE: NSV "$$$$Spending a lil Less Now!$$$$"

Heardb, I can totally relate. online shopping for big n tall just sucks and is insane $$$. I started at 460 and am down about 120lbs so far. I can finally buy boxers and briefs from a regular store - on the cheap too!
I also wear a size 15-16 shoe and that sucks! My feet have not shrunk at all, and if ya think underwear is exspensive - try buying 'speciality sized shoes'. I have to pay upwords of 3 hundred for a nice pair of dress shoes. Thank god for Ebay -
Congrats on your success so far - keep losing!

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/31/11 2:05 pm
Topic: RE: Weird 1st day back to work
Oh yeah! 4 months of real time off would have been awesome.
- too bad 3 months of it were in the hospital. I am actually looking forward to the day job. My STD (that would be Short Term Disability ;) paid me 70% of my salary....But I need some new clothes!!!
Take care,

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/31/11 1:48 pm
Topic: RE: Weird 1st day back to work

I have been off work for about 4 months - I had some bad complications and spent a few months in the hosptital. Good news is that my sleeve has been wotking in overtime and I have lost about 120lbs.

I go back to work on Tuesday the 6th - I am sure that my co-workers/geeks/nerds will notice 120 pounds missing. I didn't tell anyone at work that I was having the surgery so I am wondering what kind of comments I'll get. I suppose I will tell them that I ordered a Tapeworm off the internet and he's doing a fine job.

After 6 weeks off most people will still have a set image of you in their minds; I am sure a lot of them noticed, but like Sassy said - they might have been uncomfortable approaching you.

Congrats on your loss!

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/31/11 12:32 pm
Topic: RE: day 1 of pre-op liquid diet questions.
LMFAO at "Big Bag of Asses" 

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/30/11 5:36 am
Topic: RE: The long wait has an end...

Congrats man!
Bigger guys like us drop the weight pretty quick...
Best of luck on your surgery -
Aloha

Jason

Ulysses
on 8/27/11 7:21 am
Topic: RE: Great site to give you an idea of appropriate body weights

I didn't realize that was a site just for women. I input 6'3 for my height and nothing showed up. I felt kinda stupid after reading "what real women look like" and of course you say it's a site for women in your post.
I can see how it would be a great site for the females
cheers,
Jason

Most Active
Recent Topics