Ulysses’s Posts

Ulysses
on 4/6/12 10:58 am
Topic: RE: I need a good Chicken salad Recipe......

Miracle Whip............
Possibly one of the most horrific things to eat on the planet, with the exception of liver.
I grew up in the South, and Piggly Wiggly chopped ham and Miracle Whip sandwiches were the bane of my childhood.

DOWN with Miracle Whip!

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Ulysses
on 4/4/12 9:45 am
Topic: RE: OK I have to share my NSV

Ya just gotta love Walmarts brand od jeans "Faded Glory" - They are only 10.00 a pair.
I went from a 48' FG Jeans to a size 36 pair of jeans in about 10 months....70.00 total!!

I'm going closet diving this weeking and try to find my classic pair of size 34 Levi's button fly 501 jeans. Circa 1986 and were the bomb at the time.

Who knows? I might even find a Swatch or two in the 80s boxes.

Congrats TAZMAN,

Jason
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Ulysses
on 4/1/12 8:40 am
Topic: RE: USC patients???

Hi BrittanyLinn,

They offer the sleeve - check out this link and scroll down to procedures.

www.keckhospitalofusc.org/uscuh/services/weight-loss-and-dig estive-disorders/bariatrics

Hope this helps,

Jason

Ulysses
on 3/28/12 12:03 pm
Topic: RE: Ruggie T-shirt #28. Clockwork Dinosaurs by Shirt.Woot
well....Not from Eastwick.

Lancre in the Ramtops?

Ulysses
on 3/28/12 11:58 am
Topic: RE: Ruggie T-shirt #28. Clockwork Dinosaurs by Shirt.Woot

Cool shirt...
Bonus question....The Witches Series?

Ulysses
on 3/27/12 12:13 pm
Topic: RE: Must see video!

No problem Kathy,
I'm glad it made you "speak up" so to speak...
Welcome to the board!

Jason

Ulysses
on 3/27/12 11:05 am

It was very moving...And to have his talent wipe those grins off everyones face was priceless.
J

Ulysses
on 3/27/12 10:46 am

This is a great video...The 17 year obese kid is clearly nervous and embarrassed about his weight. The judges and audience are on the verge of laughing because of his weight...Really shameful attitudes toward him....Then he starts to sing.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

Jason

www.godvine.com/Shy-Boy-and-his-Friend-Shock-the-Audience-wi th-The-Prayer-Unbelievable-1318.html

Ulysses
on 3/10/12 8:25 am
Topic: RE: I am OVERWEIGHT!!! With Pics

My leak was always there, my surgeon never did a leak test...
I never actually made it out of the hospital - was sent to the ICU 4 days after my VSG.
NOT fun, but the 1st ice chip I was allowed after 2.5 months was absolutely devine.
Cheers,
Jason

Ulysses
on 3/10/12 8:21 am

Thanks Jimbo!
I was very fortunate to have role models like you, Jenn, Frisco, Waffle and many others to learn from.
I mean holy crap! You lost 330 pounds!
I gotta tell you though...I HATE hospitals and procedures, blood draws, extra surgeries - the list goes on and on. My stomach looks like I was attacked by a squid with switchblades.
Take care bro
Jason

Ulysses
on 3/10/12 6:04 am

That's right, at 240lbs and a BMI of 29.9 I officially out of the "stages of obese". Super obese gone. Morbidly obese - gone, and plain old obese; GONE! I always hated the word obese, it reminded me of some animal on the Discovery channel...
"Today we are hoping to film the allusive and rarely seen "Obestie" in its natural habitat. We have set up camera's at a Chinese Buffet, and an all you can eat American Buffet with a Chocolate waterfall. If were lucky we might even get footage of the reclusive and dangerous "Super Morbid Obestie". Some of these monsters can reach 600lbs or more, and are cable of short but terrifying bursts of speed up to 10 feet...Etc etc (in Steve Irwins voice) "Danger, Danger!"

I still have 20 pounds left before goal, but I should lose that before my 1 year surgiversery.
I still have complications - the leak, a gastric fistula, 2 drains and esophagal stents to help the leak and fistula. But, 220lbs seems like a decent trade. Hopefully I'll be over these complications soon and be cleared to lift weights and swim...I need some serious muscle tone back.

Here are some before and after (taken yesterday) pics. I am the worlds worst at taking self camera phone shots...But you will see the difference. Thanks OH friends!

Jason

Before:

After - 3/10/12 - Blinked in this shot.

I have a bigger forehead and my goatee turned grey...Maybe Biotin or a shave?

Ulysses
on 3/9/12 12:51 pm
Topic: RE: One more friscotastic pic!!!

DAMN Jenn!
Good thing I live alone in my man cave...Have to go rub one out now.

Jason

Ulysses
on 3/6/12 3:39 am
Topic: RE: April 2011 sleevers. Where are you now?

My sleeve was done on April 26th...
I'm still about 20lbs from goal, but I should make it by my one year.
I had a lot to lose - (240lbs) so I'm pretty happy with the loss.

Jason

Ulysses
on 2/20/12 10:08 am
Topic: RE: One Year Today!!! Before and After Pictures Side by Side

Way to go! You look FANTASTIC!

Ulysses
on 2/19/12 12:13 pm
Topic: RE: NSF-Car (Failure)

I drove a Windstar van and now a 10 mpg/city SUV hog called an Expedition.
They were the only vehicles I could squeeze my fat azz in and be comfortable.
Now that I'm down and close to goal...It's car shopping time!

Jason

Ulysses
on 2/11/12 4:36 am
Topic: RE: Punched the double Century club in the mouth!

It's official, lost over 200 pounds in 8.5 months!

I still have the damn leak and loads of complications. But weighing in at 252lbs after 460 -  is at least in my mind worth it.

Just over 30 pounds until goal, I may even shoot for an even 200lbs. I am getting a lot of female attention these days too (really wierd as it's been years since that has happened). Problem is; What do I tell them? Hey babe! I'll let you squeeze my JP accordion drains....I can't wait until all the BS is out of my stomach and I can really enjoy my new "girlish figure".

My BMI is just 1.4 above being overweight - I am 6'3, large frame and wear size 15 shoes (they didn't shrink). So I would like to have a chat with the morons who think I should weigh 170-185lbs. I'm back into size 38 pants and the saggy skin is not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Found this pic on Facebook - I know we can all relate...
Cheers, Jason

Ulysses
on 2/4/12 11:20 am
Topic: RE: Three Former Fatties and some bacon.... *PICS*

That's awesome!
The fried chicken and bacon (2 of my favs) actually made me hungry....And I'm never hungry.
I need to move back to Cali.
GREAT pics Jen

Jason

Ulysses
on 12/28/11 8:49 am
Topic: RE: Frisco-Got Balls !!!

Those look great...
I love calamari too - but I also dig Octopus (Tako) a lot as well.
My local fish monger sells the frozen pre-blanched octopus arms complete with tentacles.
They are cheap and I slice them really thin while still frozen. They are sweet with an almost crunchy texture....Awesome with some tabico (flying fish caviar) wasabi, and moist knori.

Jason

Ulysses
on 12/21/11 4:09 am
Topic: RE: strange hard bumps all over my body.....

Hooray for bones!
I have been finding mine a lot lately....Collar bones, rib-cage etc.
A few months back I even started waking up to a morning bone I haven't had in a while!

Cheers to your bones!

Jason

Ulysses
on 12/21/11 3:35 am
Topic: RE: Anyone with a Start Weight 350+ Reached BMI <30?

I started at 460 pounds and am at 34.4 BMI....I still have 60+ pounds left until initial goal and will be well under 30 BMI by then. So, YES! It is very achievable -
Good luck,

Jason

Ulysses
on 12/12/11 10:26 am
Topic: RE: Frisco-Roasted Tri-Tip

Wow, that topping/sauce/lube sounds great. I'll have to try that one.

Jason

Ulysses
on 12/9/11 9:23 am
Topic: RE: How far have you come?

Hi Erica,
I started out at a whopping 460 pounds. I am now at 276 and 56 pounds from my original goal of 220.
I think I will revise my goal to 190 - 200 as my sleeve is not slowing down much. I was sleeved on 4/26/11. If I get to revised goal I will have lost 260...
Good luck,

Jason

Ulysses
on 11/19/11 8:06 am
Topic: RE: Please tell me it's OK

You are still Pre-Op and on the 2 week "liver shrinking" diet. Having 6oz of diet Pepsi now is not a problem. However Post Op soda is a no-no, it would be best for you to give up the soda now; especially if you have a soda habit like I did.

Good luck

Jason

Ulysses
on 11/19/11 7:36 am
Topic: RE: 400 pounder... should I sleeve???

AmberK,

Roux-en-Y or RNY is just another term for the Gastric Bypass -

Cheers!

Jason

Ulysses
on 11/19/11 7:05 am
Topic: RE: 400 pounder... should I sleeve???

shwag,

I was sleeved at 460 pounds, and in just under 7 months have lost over 180lbs.
I still have about 60lbs to lose, but I would have the sleeve over RNY or DS any day.

My Dad and step-mother both had RNY and are happy with it, but they pop pills (vitamins) all the time and still barf at least once a week when something disagree's with the "pouch"...

Good luck,

Jason

Most Active
Recent Topics