NO WEIGHT GAIN, JUST STUCK LOSING WEIGHT...

Grim_Traveller
on 1/6/20 8:44 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm good. I basically eat keto all the time, but once in a while, like holidays, become carb fests.

Things are slow here, as you can see. It's too bad. This joint has been a major factor in continued success.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

sweetpotato1959
on 1/6/20 5:36 pm

I have 2 suggestions, You might try them together or separately. You are uniquely you. Your response to the WLS will be different from anyone else.. Document what you are doing and eating so that you can find your best weight loss strategy...then use it time and again. Obesity is a lifelong issue. WLS gives us a control method.

#1Up the protein.,while cutting the carbs, I don't tolerate fat, so my meat is all trimmed/skinned. I count only lean protein and carbs,( do not tolerate fats) My carb goal is 30-50 grams Max per day.. when in needing to loose a few pounds, i will cut to as close to 30 Carbs /day...when in maintenance will eat close to 50 Grams carbs....Foods labeled "low fat" generally have added sugars for flavor enhancers. Keep seasoning simple, change it up so you do not get bored.. If you are wed to counting calories. also track your protein and carbs. .Avoid all but the healthiest of fats .(two choices are avocado,or olive oil to brush on a pan to prevent sticking)

#2 Have you tried intermittent fasting.? .. using plain/unsweetened lemon or orange water for liquids. ? Using this method, many people fast using only the unsweet liquids..(no artificial sweet'ners- no sugars except what is in the slice of orange or lemon.).. for 14-16 hours a day... concentrating their nutrition into a shorter span of time... example from 11am to 6 pm. It is believed one of the ways it works is to change your metabolism to more fat burning... I did not tolerate it due to blood sugar drops,( pre-diabetic for 38 yrs) my daughter uses this intermittently...2-3 days each week.

..I had a different surgery that is no longer done..I remain very close to goal weight more than 2 decades later. You can do this! .My diet was prescribed at 90 grams/day I am 5'5" and have a frame on the line between small and medium( determined by wrist measurement.)

Most Active
Recent Topics