Alcohol

Willie H.
on 9/16/19 9:34 am
VSG on 08/26/14

I not a big drinker and never have been but did used to have an occasional beer with a meal. Where I used to be able to drink a bottle now the most I can drink now is about 6 oz, and that I have to nurse through out the meal. Yet, although I'm still a big guy, it hits me like a ton of bricks! I have to wait a little before I drive, even though at the most is only 6 oz of beer inside of me? Maybe because our tummies are 90% smaller, the alcohol is absorbs into our bloodstream faster? I don't know. Yet, also the beer appears to evaporate from me just as fast as well. So while admittedly I do not know how this works, I do know I cannot drink much alcohol and when I do-I FEEL IT!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

K. Andrews
on 9/21/19 6:42 am - Trotwood, OH

It's been 13 years since my RNY surgery and I am a non drinker of alcoholic beverages because just a few sips of something like rum punch has me feeling drunk for about 15 to 30 mins. I still dump after 13 years. I have been blessed to still have my weight at 122 to 125 from 225.

Most Active
Recent Topics