Arthritis pain

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/19 1:30 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/18/17

I did suggest to confirm with her surgeon which I think is reasonable. Not all surgeons are that strict when it comes to topicals. Very little is absorbed systemically and it is unlikely to cause problems with a healed VSG. My surgeon doesn't particularly care if her patients use diclofenac gel. I don't think the immediate response should be to tell someone this is a no-go. If they're having pain, it's reasonable to ask their surgeon which is what I suggested.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/6/19 2:19 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

>> Very little is absorbed systemically and it is unlikely to cause problems with a healed VSG.

Let's leave that call to the doctors, then :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

livingoutloud
on 6/10/19 3:13 pm

Hi

i have really bad arthritis pain too. I went on cbd oil after my dr arthritis recommended it. I was a doubter so I waited a year before I tried it. It has made a huge difference. I hope it helps.

Jinxy6
on 6/12/19 6:20 pm - SC

Thanks everyone! My surgeon says no to anti-inflammatories but yes to the topicals. I am still in the soft food phase but I will check out the food info. I am seeing a new doctor next week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I know it will get better as I lose, I just need some help now cuz it's seriously affecting my mobility. The only saving grace is that I have a pool and I can walk in it relatively pain free.

You guys are all such a help and blessing!

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/13/19 3:49 am

I use patches with lidocaine. Rx 5%. The are expensive, so insurance doesn't want to cover that. My doc prescribed 60 patches per month. I put them on my knees in evening and take out after 12 hours. Huge help. If I forget put them overnight, I put them on in the morning. But they often don't want to stay put, but leggings type pants really help with that. I used to be a 100% nightgown lady, but now I use pajamas because that helps to keep the patches on my knees.

Biofreeze also helps, magnesium cream, CBD oil or even CBD infused cream. My friend makes magnesium+CBD cream and i i b it from her. I could make it myself, but I don't use enough to make it worth while.

BTW,: my knees or any other surface needs to be really clean to put lidocaine patches on for them to stay put. Lidocaine are not NSAIDs.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics