Diet?

mylastchance
on 4/24/19 10:43 am

Is anyone experiencing regain at all. I am almost 9 years out. Since losing my brother and daughter-in-law within 6 weeks of each other a couple of years back I have had a little regain. Fighting the battle and so my question is, has anyone had or tried the Inspire Diet from bariatric eating? Good or bad? Curious, but also know I need to get back to basics.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

ladygodiva1228
on 4/24/19 11:10 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I have seen over the years people who have had regain regardless of what surgery they had and the majority of them just went back to basics. Protein first, weigh/measure/track what you eat. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids and take vitamins.

I just looked at the Inspire Diet and it looks like a load of BS to me. Why would anyone what to spend money on shakes and protein bars? They are not going to keep you full like dense protein. Eat some eggs and bacon for breakfast.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/24/19 11:12 am
RNY on 08/05/19

This looks like just another fad diet designed to sell protein shakes. You're much better off getting your protein and nutrients from real food, rather than processed, packaged, protein-added stuff like this.

As you said, you should get "back to basics" and eat the way you did as a new post-op. Protein-forward, low-carb. Lean, dense protein first and foremost, maybe a bite of veggie once you've had your meat.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Pobearsam7
on 4/24/19 8:32 pm

I did regain a lot last yr but I just lost 27 pounds this yr

i had to go back to basics and meet with the nutritionist again to go over my meal plan

i will be 7 yrs out in June

Kelly                

mylastchance
on 4/27/19 10:09 am

Thank you all for your input. I know going back to basics is the best way to go about taking off these add lbs. I have been thinking the Inspire Diet is just another expensive diet to make a bunch of money for someone like the Nutrisystem. I have upped my protein and omitted the crap out and have lost 5 lbs and realize when I stick to it....I am not hungry and keeping busy helps me get through those moments of being seduced by cravings, and I know my pouch is still intact after all these years....I do my usual sneezing when full....LOL....again thanks for the support by giving me your opinions....this is and has always been the best bunch of caring people who have been in the same boat from time to time.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Most Active
Recent Topics