What do you like to count? Carbs? Protein? Calories?...

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/28/19 2:29 pm

As kind bars, the Costco bars are similar and also not a trigger for me. They taste good enough to eat them when I have to, but I don't crave them nor I had to lock them away from me. I was worried that they go stale, taste bad after a while, but so far I have not experienced that. And 30 Costco bars is a lot.

At the same time I have no problem if a colleague of mine wants one. I often take it and have a snack in a movie theater, or when shopping and realizing I am really hungry...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Maritopia
on 3/25/19 5:23 pm
VSG on 03/01/17

I don't count anything, but I try to put off eating until I'm really hungry and then eat 1-3 meals per day, no snacking. I try to eat mostly meat, fish and healthy fats but some dark chocolate sneaks in there.

Height: 5'5" SW: 222 lbs CW: 122 lbs

OnlineAnnie
on 3/26/19 10:03 pm

Thanks for sharing!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/28/19 12:15 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

The most common recommendations I've seen, in six years on OH, are:

• 600 - 800 calories
  • Over 60g protein
  • Under 25g carbs

Some people report that they don't weigh, measure, or log what they eat; I've found (anecdotally) that these folks often report regain, or that they're maintaining at a higher weight than they would hope for. Sticking to guidelines like this, or similar, seems to be very effective for the folks who've reached goal and have successfully maintained for an extended period of time.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

OnlineAnnie
on 3/29/19 12:03 am

Thanks Sparklekitty!

Most Active
Recent Topics