Help! 2 Months Out, Am I Doing Something Wrong??

Sydney5816
on 3/2/19 8:30 am
VBG on 01/08/18

Hey there, I am 2 months out and at first I was losing almost a pound a day. I have lost total 45.8, started at 260 and was 232 on surgery day.

Yes I know everyone is different yaddy yaddy, but isnt it early to be having a 2 wk+ stall?? I did have a slight week stall on week three which I have read is pretty common. I have not lost weight in 2 wks and I have actually gained a pound :( Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Thanx!

Miss150
on 3/2/19 9:42 am, edited 3/2/19 1:45 am

Patience, grasshopper. You are so very early out to be letting the numbers disturb your peace of mind so. Worry is not our friend- it manifests itself in fretting, doubting, second guessing, and promotes jumping around for quick loss fixes that are hard to maintain.

Hopefully you are into this for the long haul- positive progress over time is what we are looking for. Fluctuations and stalls are going to happen-part of the process and are not indicative of a problem as such.

Scales are not our judge and jury- they do not condemn (or, for that matter, validate) our progress or worth. They simply register a number. What should concern us are our daily behaviors over time.

That said- I do weigh daily. I see the number and then take a personal inventory: Am I protein forward-carbs in check-with in my calorie range-getting my liquids in-excercising as planned? If the answers to behavior questions are yes and the scale number is u*****t moving- no problem, and I trust the process.

You?ve got this-let it happen and it will. I?m rooting for you! Smiles your way, bonnie

edited for grammar

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Kristi T.
on 3/2/19 10:10 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss so far! I couldn't agree more with the advice Bonnie gave you! I just wanted to add that between month 2-3 I had to put the scale away for awhile. I began to take my measurement instead. I also pushed the fluids during this time as well, my goal for each day was 90-120oz. Some of my stalls lasted up to 3 weeks:-) You lost a lot of weight, now your body is just adjusting. Hang in there, you are doing great!

Gwen M.
on 3/2/19 12:19 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

What, exactly, are you eating and drinking every day? How much protein are you getting? How much liquid?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

nevermore71
on 3/2/19 1:55 pm
VSG on 01/08/18

Stalls aren't caused by the surgery they are caused by the weight loss. You've lost over 45 lbs. Expect the occasional stall. They usually last 2-3 weeks but can last a month. They are just a part of the process.

It's a good time to assess what you're doing and make sure you're on the right track with protein and calorie intake. My surgical team recommended between 60-80 grams of protein. This early most people do well between 600-800 calories. If you're good there then it'll come. If you're not already you may want to add exercise to your plan. It really helps the way you look and feel.

Hang in there. It's going good. You're doing well. And you've lost over 45 lbs with more to losses to come. Yay!!!

diane S.
on 3/8/19 12:20 pm

You are probably fine so long as you are following doctors orders. By month 4 I was only losing 4 lbs a month. But I kept at it and ate more protein and it picked up. By month 10 I had blown past my goal and was kind of too skinny. That adjusted. So its normal to slow down rate of loss. Not to worry. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics