Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, January 3, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/3/19 4:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Still weird to type 2019 (I'm sure it will be for quite a while). I'll start us off as I am going to be doing pre-trip tasks all day and may not be able to check in later. Please add a QOTD if you have one?

We are leaving Massachusetts and returning to Florida tomorrow. Though I am looking forward to it I will miss everyone here. And I kind of wish we'd had more than the brief dusting of snow we had on Christmas Eve morning! Justice was intrigued by it and it would have been fun to see what our little Florida pup thought of a few inches of the fluffy stuff.

2 Years 9 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 1 month)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken

D: Fi****hink (DS cooking)

S: sweetened cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

AnnieG522
on 1/3/19 6:55 am
VSG on 10/05/17

I hear you about the date change. We are in SC on a hiatus from retirement (?) visiting friends. Not feeling really great, but having some medication changes needed, and not quite in the right place geographically to resolve.

QOTD: Are you a pet person? If so, dog, cat, bird, fish? Names? Types

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

AnnieG522
on 1/3/19 6:58 am
VSG on 10/05/17

QOTD: Are you a pet person? If so, dog, cat, bird, fish? Names? Types I had horses most of my life, along with dogs. As I've gotten older and had vertigo issues, horses are a thing of the past. But we continue to have dogs. Right now a 3 year old Bichon (Reilly Coyote) and a 2 year old mini dachshund, Sean Michale. Two zebra finches, Edgar Allan Poe and Mickey Spillane.

B: Oikos key lime yogurt

Coffee coffee coffee

L: Not sure - highly variable stomach today

D: Depends on our friends and whether we stay in or go out.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/3/19 9:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I do have a minute to check in - my last load is in the wash, all the Christmas decorations are away, I ran my errands and all the winterizing that I had to finish in Massachusetts is done! I just have to make DH a sandwich for the plane tomorrow and finish a few odds and ends of packing.

I have had dogs and cats most of my life. Though I had a few fish and one bird, they just didn't appeal to me the same way. The current cat, *****ally belongs to DS, is Lavender. The current wonderful dog who we adopted from a Florida shelter last year is Justice, a chihuahua. He was preceded by Princess, Roon, Duchess, and Chiquita. The first 3 dogs were beagles and Chiquita was a chihuahua

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kristi T.
on 1/3/19 10:37 am, edited 1/3/19 2:38 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Safe travels tomorrow Liz, I am a little envious of your Florida destination but I know how much you love the east too. It would have been cute to see Justice romping in a lot of snow.

I made it to my first day of my job at 5:00am, I was up and out of the house by 4:30. I felt like I was going to faint the first few minutes in the shower, so early! It has been a lot of years since I have walked hospital halls, I forgot how hard the floors are! I am home now and not sure what the plan is for the rest of the day, maybe a nap.

QOTD-I am definitely an animal lover. I would have a whole farm if I could! Now I have Emmy, she is a street tough Pomeranian. She is extremely athletic, very much a tom boy!

B-1/3 cup granola, lots of coffee

L-Flax and apple porridge with coconut milk and pecans

S-Hot tea

D-Bean & ham soup

E-Walk with Emmy

Have a great Thursday! Edited to add photo:

Kays
on 1/3/19 1:45 pm
VSG on 12/18/17

Hello all- I am in Ohio. The weather here is on the cooler side (35 F) but I really can't complain. We usually have cold snowy winters with negative wind chills! The last 3 years have been pretty mild. I'll take it!

QOTD: I love other people's pets! My mom has a dog and he's awesome- mainly because I can play with him and go home. I also have a dog and he's like having an additional child. My daughter loves him. We also have fish- when they mange to stay alive! I have let the fish tank rest empty for about 3 months because we have been through several "rounds" of fish this past year.

M1: 2 hard boiled eggs

M2:1/2 cup of chicken salad

M3: 3oz of chicken breast- pan seared

S: 1oz of pepper jack cheese

Most Active
Recent Topics