Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? 12/1/18

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/18 5:35 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Ahhh! It's December 1st already. The year is almost done. Christmas is well on its way and the stores around me have their Christmas music on full blast. I really like Christmas music, but the classic carols, not rock/pop covers.

Getting my permanent crown put on my tooth today, finally. Have been babying this temporary one and I hate eating on the other side of my mouth. After will get some groceries.

QOTD: What are some creative Christmas gifts for friends and family? (This is a self-serving question).

I am at a loss for what to do for my grandmother that is special enough.

B- 2 egg with ham slices

L- Salad with chicken

D- steak and spinach

S- Peanut butter, half an apple

Gwen M.
on 12/1/18 6:23 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I was just checking to see if anyone had started the eating thread! Glad you did :)

I had my DEXA scan and RMR yesterday. My body fat increase a little bit since last year's scan. The person was like "we don't really know why, since it's been a year" and I'm like, "Well, I wasn't able to exercise for 8-9 months of that year, so I'm pretty sure I know why!" :D I was pleased with my RMR since I've always been fearful that four decades of obesity completely ****** my metabolism up. It's nice to see that it didn't.

The Hamilton Sing Along was super awesome and I'm so glad I overcame my hermit desires to go.

QOTD: LOLZ. I pretty much decided two years ago that I was finished with getting presents for people due to the stress involved. I had this realization that "you know, if it takes this much effort to figure out what to get a person, I clearly don't know that person well enough to get them anything!" So I stopped. That said.. I hope to gift my nephew with my old Kindle, if my brother permits it. Other than that, my gift to the family tends to be handling all the logistical planning for our vacation (since my dad died we're working on "starting new traditions" and get an Airbnb for a week at a convenient location between my brother's place and our place) and paying for the food for that week (a week of food for six people = $$$).

One of my high school friends lives in the same town with her parents and two siblings. For Christmas last year she gave them a year of monthly soup dinners. So, once a month, she'd have everyone over to her house and make a big batch of awesome soup for everyone. I thought that was a lovely thing.

But.. as for your grandmother. Many years ago we decided to start giving my parents "experience" gifts instead of tangible gifts. So maybe that's something to consider? The big hits were a hot air balloon ride - something my parents had always talked about but never done. The other big hit was a family photo shoot. (Technically we gave my mom a family photo shoot coupon for winter 2018, but we've never managed to schedule it! Hopefully we'll do it in 2019.) A "girl date" could be fun if you have something like a fancy tea shop nearby that serves "high tea." Oh.. I gave my mom a sock subscription once and she LOVED that. My dad always bought her socks and, after he died, she had a minor panic about buying her own socks. So I figured a sock subscription would be good for her mental health. It's been awesome and she sends me a picture every month of her fun socks!

1: protein shake
2: leftover meat - maybe turkey?
3: asian meatballs

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope, apparently I can't exercise on weeks I have a HMGT paper due..

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/18 5:34 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I love the family portrait idea. I am doing that. I never thought I wanted a photo of us both professionally done so much until now. Thank you so much! I also love the high-tea idea. She isn't much for tea, but I she has a massive sweet tooth, so I am thinking a cute little bakery we can sit down at and she can have a treat and coffee.

Gwen M.
on 12/4/18 6:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You're welcome! I'm really grateful that we did our family photoshoot. :)

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Gwen M.
on 12/1/18 6:23 am
VSG on 03/13/14

And, ugh, Christmas music. I had an hour to kill yesterday in conjunction with lunch and the restaurant was playing all the crap.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/1/18 9:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good afternoon! I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable after consuming some homemade chocolate chip cookies last night. Will I never learn?!?

QOTD: A special day or evening out? A short trip? At my age a gift like that whi*****ludes the giver would be the best.

2 Years 8 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: shrimp

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/18 5:36 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

My sweet tooth is still strong, but when I let one enter me I always regret it!

Kristi T.
on 12/1/18 10:03 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Good luck today with your crown Mersh, hopefully you will be back to eating normal soon!

Woke up to snow and it's still coming down strong. I have to give in and get some new all season tires this week, my tread is almost gone.

QOTD-When my grandmother was alive she absolutely loved Robert Shuller and the Crystal Cathedral. She watched him every Sunday and made many trips to California to see him live. One year I signed her up to receive a Christmas ornament from them every Christmas. She loved them! Now I have them and put them out every year.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-Fage yogurt with peaches and pecans

S-Hot tea

D-leftovers

E-Take Emmy for a walk

Have a wonderful Saturday!

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/18 5:37 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

That is such a sweet gift, Kristi.

mmsmom
on 12/2/18 4:24 am - Woburn, MA

Busy day yesterday (today on this thread)...Had a wedding, it was fun and great to see my cousins.

QOTD: I used to make a food item or buy a lb or shrimp/lobster or something that is a treat for my FIL. For my father, I would make the traditional sausage bread that came from his village in sicily. Stuff like that makes old people happy, lol. Also, my strategy through the year is to keep a document and when someone mentions something they want, I note it so that come November, shopping is easy.

B: cheerios

L: 1/4 corned beef sandwich

D: at wedding, buffet - beef, pasta, veggies... desserts

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics