Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/27/18 4:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome to Tuesday, which apparently is "Giving Tuesday"? I need to think about what to donate and where today. Pictures from Sunday's sand sculpture contest in Fort Myers are below for your viewing pleasure.

QOTD: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? That's a tough question for me. I think I feel hunger the most at dinner, but I am struggling to come up with any one special that I love to have. Strangely, unlike pre-WLS, I think my most important and favorite meal is my breakfast (eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon).

2 Years 8 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: pork roast

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

mmsmom
on 11/27/18 5:05 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. Funny, that it's giving Tuesday, I have seen alot of St. Jude's ads on tv this week and was thinking of donating. Yesterday, I took a "mitten" at work that lists a local child and what they need for Christmas. It is so sad to me when they ask for a warm coat, etc. I always try to take an older boy, who isn't so fun to shop for, and buy them a nice warm coat/shirts, etc. from LandsEnd on CyberMonday. I can get so much more for them and stay on the guided budget.

QOTD: Tough question. Anything in red sauce is my favorite, but i can eat about 3 strands of spaghetti and I'm distressed for hours. So if I could only have one meal, it would be a beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes and a salad with homemade vinaigrette.

B: cheerios

L: planning on a salad

D: I think pork chops and veg or will lobby to go out and do stocking shopping and eat out, but it's doubtful on a Tuesday

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/27/18 6:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Veal parm with a good red sauce... yummmm!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

mmsmom
on 11/27/18 6:35 am - Woburn, MA

About 15 years ago I was driving locally and a saw a box truck that said "Woburn Veal" so I followed it to their building. It was a small tucked-away business that butchers the veal and delivers it to local restaurants. No retail. However, if you call them they will package up and sell the veal retail. It is AMAZINGLY fresh and unbelievably delicious. I have never had a spec of fat or a vein in any cutlet. Next time you're north of Boston, you'll have to get some lol.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/27/18 6:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow! I'll tell my chef son about them!

Dcgirl
on 11/27/18 9:04 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Not to butt in, but I also adopt families at Christmas and try to make my money go far. I have an 8 year old boy in my family who asked for a winter coat and winter boots :( I found an awesome winter coat (3 layers) with a hat, for $36.99 at Costco, and boots for $35 at Target. And then I was able to also get him the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books he asked for, some DVDs, some pajamas (also Target) and some games (amazon). It's awesome you help the kids at the holidays! :)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/27/18 11:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Not "butting" in at all! I like to do this as well and once my department at work partnered with an organization so we could each help a child instead of doing a yankee swap gift. Most of us were so much happier doing that!

Gwen M.
on 11/27/18 6:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Your pictures are lovely! I don't do anything on Giving Tuesday because all of my donations to the causes I care about are sustaining monthly donations, so it's just a matter of making sure I update those whenever my credit card information changes :)

I didn't quite finish all of my goals yesterday, but I got to the point where I can finish up my HMGT discussion post first thing today and get working on my big assignments afterward. So I'm in a good place to work all day today and hopefully take a break to run midday when it's "warmest." (Winds of 15mph mean that it'll still be cold!)

QOTD: No idea. I probably like dinner best just because it's my social meal.

1: protein shake
2: leftover meat (there are chicken thighs, pulled pork, and turkey in the fridge, not sure which I'll choose)
3: sous vide filet mignon, leftover hollandaise sauce from the eggs benedict I made on Sunday!

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running, yoga

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/27/18 6:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had no idea if the pictures would be any good as it was so bright I couldn't see the phone screen!

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/18 6:45 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Those are so neat! The talent and work that went in to those is really incredible.

I am on the van going to my day program. Yesterday the sun melted some snow but it was so bitter over night that everything is like a skating rink. Roads aren't bad but my driveway was a bit scary!

QOTD: This is a hard one! Probably something involving eggs. I can eat eggs without getting tired of them.

B- 2 eggs with salsa

L- half a roasted deli chicken sandwich, light and fit yogurt

D- Spinach salad with tuna and yogurt ranch dressing

S- carrot sticks, blueberry dusted almonds

Most Active
Recent Topics