Whatcha Eating, VSGers? Tuesday 11/20/18

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/18 5:17 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Felt the motivation to get up and post and relax this morning. Sitting with a kitten in my lap and a cup of coffee! Will be getting my lunch ready soon before the van comes to pick me up. This program takes me to and from so that's nice. It's nice being able to fit in the van! While it's large, there are others in there and I would not have fit at my larger size.

Going to the gym after I leave the day program. Did a cardio class last night, was fun!

QOTD: Are you a ham, or turkey person for holidays? I prefer a delicious slice of turkey breast over ham.

B- egg burrito

L- salad with chicken on it

D- rest of my steak and some steamed veggies

S- Almonds, apple.

mmsmom
on 11/20/18 8:12 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. Another horrible day weather-wise here. Cold, raw, snow/rain gross. It is, however, a good excuse to work from home, lol.

QOTD: Turkey for Thanksgiving, Prime Rib for Christmas and Ham for Easter...the end

B: cheerios

L: leftover beef, I hope... I'd really like Mexican but I doubt if anyone would leave the house with me : /

D: ikd, the beef if we don't eat it for lunch... and maybe just a snack if we do

E: nope

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 11/20/18 9:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I hope your program is going well, Mersh.

I'm working on my school work for the week, since I want to get my discussion posts done in both classes today so I can not have those hanging over me during my mom's visit. I also have two major assignments due the following weekend, so if possible I'm hoping to start working on them.

I'm getting fed up with the FB group for the WLS support group I attend. The patients just seem so unprepared and delusional about post-op life. It's very frustrating and then when I comment I look like a complete hardass.

I've also finally accepted the fact that my body hates every chair in my house and no combination of special pillows or supports is going to change that. I've also decided I'm tired of being in agonizing pain whenever I stand up from sitting and the low-level pain that's constant the rest of the time. So we've got a place called the Healthy Back Store close to where I see limited release movies, and the next time I get out there for a movie I'm going to visit the store and talk to an expert and see about getting a chair that will make my body happy. It's good to have a plan, even if it might take a month to implement!

QOTD: Dark meat turkey for the fall feast, please. Grilled filet mignon for the winter! I do like ham as an adult. When I was a kid my dad would get those canned hams with the keys to open and I hated those. But there weren't a ton of other options and my dad didn't want turkey twice a year. Then we started doing filet mignon and it was life changing :D

1: protein shake

2: leftover hamburger soup maybe

3: leftover sous vide skirt steak (I'm cooking for Thursday today and tomorrow, which means I'm not cooking dinner.)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: meh, we'll see if I want to go out and run in about 1.5 hours.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 11/20/18 10:34 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I am so sorry you hurt Gwen. It would be wonderful if you could find a good chair to help with your pain!

Kristi T.
on 11/20/18 10:32 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I must have missed what kind of day program you are going to Mersh, do you like it?

I was called into the Visitor Center/Chamber of Commerce to work today, everyone went to a day retreat on the lake today. I am here by myself, kind of nice:-) Tonight is an early Thanksgiving at my uncle's assisted living facility, they are serving ham so at least I wont get tired of turkey.

QOTD-Definitely turkey!

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-1/2 cup Fage yogurt with peaches and 2 tbsp. pecans

S-Nothing today

D-Ham with all the fixings

E-No time between work and dinner, maybe evening walk?

Have a good Tuesday!

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/18 10:44 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I am in a mental health day program! It is intensive therapy both single and group, Monday through Friday. It is called a partial hospital program. I am here all day, but I get to go home at night. They are really are helping me with some lows I have been having with my depression.

Kristi T.
on 11/20/18 11:20 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I am so proud of you for taking care of yourself Mersh! I hope this will help your depression and insomnia, you've got this!

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/18 6:48 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you! Every day is a new beginning, they are helping me learn the skills I need to handle the days better :D

facetedginger
on 11/20/18 4:02 pm

Hi all!

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been in the hospital the last few days. Had a terrible reaction to the flu shot but was released this morning.

Nothing but liquids for me for a few days. I managed to get extremely dehydrated and even though I've had IV fluids, I still feel it.

QOTD: I like turkey for thanksgiving and ham for Christmas although I prefer ham.

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/18 6:47 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I am so sorry you've been sick, Ginger! I'm glad you're out of the hospital and doing a bit better. Take care of yourself.

Most Active
Recent Topics