How long does it really take for you to finish a "meal"?

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/18 5:08 am
VSG on 10/24/18

I felt that way for the first few days, not so much nausea though, more like a feeling of being supremely bloated. So much so I felt like I could barely put anything in. Then all of a sudden it got easier! Literally overnight. I hope it gets better for you too soon. Hang in there.

HondaCRV2018
on 11/4/18 8:16 pm
VSG on 10/15/18

Hang in there!!! I underwent my VSG on Oct. 15th abs still struggle with getting much down as well. I can now drink lemon water with ease, but still not at the fluid goal. I am on the pureed stage and egg drop soup has been my go to for protein. I cannot tolerate much due to nausea as well. Again, hang in there as things are going to get better for us bothð?'??

Ndenniston
on 11/4/18 9:56 pm
VSG on 10/29/18

I can tell its getting easier to drink fluids. It's so hard not to chug my ice water. Even tho I sip all day, I still feel the urge to chug it, but Im sure it wouldnt go well if I did. Im only 6 days post op now, but I have some really strong cravings for so many things. I hope this goes away soon. Mostly craving pickles, and pizza lol. My nausea has went away and I've been more active. Down 27 lbs, and have some really loose jeans that I'm pretty darn proud of! :)))

White Dove
on 11/3/18 6:32 am - Warren, OH

After surgery you insides are all swollen. When the swelling goes down, you can drink more. It took me about eight days. Some are faster, some are slower.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Shannon S.
on 11/5/18 3:19 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Unless I gulp liquids to quickly I feel no different when drinking. When I eat my protein forward meals I would say it takes me about 5 mins to eat. I'm not eating fast, it's just that I can't eat a lot. I'm usually up doing dishes while the fam is still eating. I have never needed 90 mins to eat. I'm a year out and can eat about 3 oz of protein and a few spoons of vegetables.

Ontario_Girl
on 11/5/18 11:07 am, edited 11/5/18 3:08 am - Canada

I've had it super easy. Liquids went down good, pureed went down good and normal food goes down no issue. I tolerate everything. I think I can eat 2 eggs and prepare 2 eggs, but always get full off of one and a bite of the other... so i've been teaching myself that 1 egg is good so I don't waste lol.

Also, soup goes down easier! So your 1/4 cup is good! When you move to solids, you will feel fuller quicker before hitting 1/4 or 1/2 cup of solid foods. I can easily eat a cup of soup now... but a cup of solid food is another story.

Doesn't take me long to eat. The full signal doesn't take me long at all, it kicks in immediately. I do see some who need to take a long time to eat and eat very slowly because it takes their tummies a bit to tell them they are full. If they eat fast they sound like its pretty painful. Again, thankfully no issue with that here.

I've been drinking normal drinks since day 1 post op and can guzzle water/liquids pretty quick. I was afraid after PO, thinking i broke something inside, but my surgeon said to embrace it! Likelihood of me getting dehydration is low, and to enjoy the hydration lol

Just a girl trying to become a better ME. Healthier ME. Learning to be happy with ME and love ME. One day at a time.

sweetpotato1959
on 11/5/18 9:16 pm

A word of caution.

Make sure you do not exceed the amounts prescribed in your diet....the amount you put in your sleeve. Follow your surgeons orders!

Your nerves in the stomach may have been damaged/cut during the surgery and to overfill the sleeve would mean permanent damage to your tool. With nerve damage to the "tool" you might not be aware until the damage is drastic. It is possible you could burst your sleeve.

Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics