Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Monday, 10/29/18

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/18 3:31 am, edited 10/29/18 3:32 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all. Tonight has been stressful. Not in a one on one but the evening exploded and I ended up being the only tech for the floor. The night has flown by, but my feet are killing me. Between last night before midnight and now I have 18k steps.

Accountability: Crap. Ate some sal****er taffy someone brought in. It pushed my calories up higher than I like, 1490. Technically I hover around 1500 for maintenance so far, but not in candy. I feel like crap over choosing candy. I guess I can say I at least made the choice and wasn?t compelled and couldn?t resist them. I know some people struggle with those sorts of issues. Still, I feel like a failure.

QOTD: How was your weekend, what did you do?

Breakfast- Ground sausage with eggs scrambled in

Lunch- Turkey Sandwich

Dinner- salmon burger sans the bun, roasted carrots

snack- protein bar

NYMom222
on 10/29/18 4:40 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Choosing candy does not make you a failure... Maintenance is hard... and it is a learning experience. We are not perfect. We will never be perfect. If that is our standard you will be stressed about this forever. You record and move on. Just like you said 'hover' - calories are not going to be exactly the same everyday again especially as you are maintaining. and Why should they be? I always say the day I choose 3oz of steak over 3oz of fish my calories will be higher. Nothing inherently right or wrong with either, just choices. Candy? Yeah- we try to stay away but consistency over perfection. It is what we do most the time that will determine our success.

QOTD: Yesterday on my workout plan my trainer had leg presses 5 x 10 AHAP. AHAP= as heavy as possible. I did 270-320-320-340-350. Woop! Did 350# on my own. Who would have ever thought??? Considering also in the same workout totally melted down over doing simple step ups holding 30# - I considered regrouping and doing it a win.

4+ years out

B: Fairlife latte, overnight oats w/protein

L: Leftover steak w/mushrooms and onions

D: Eggroll in a bowl

S: Protein, apple, greek yogurt (snacks are optional)

ex: 20 min HIIT cycling, maybe yoga

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/18 8:49 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement! I am also trying to increase calories for muscle growth, but I am doing that slowly! Step ups with 30 # weights sound like they would kill me after two. You are strong, for sure.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/29/18 5:06 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Hello there! I missed you all though I did read most days. No eating on plan during our 10 day trip to Oregon and Denver! We leave for the airport in about an hour so back to eating properly for me today!

Mersh, your job is definitely a stressful one. Don't beat yourself up over a little candy as long as you don't do it all the time and especially when it is within your calories. It is okay to eat off plan now and then (though preferably not for 10 days which I just did).

QOTD: The weekend was all about the wedding we attended out here: reception at a local brewery on Friday night, wedding on Saturday and an open house at the bride and grooms on Sunday. All was fun, especially the wedding when DH enjoyed dancing the night away. Back to reality this week!

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese

L: Protein bar

D: either deli chicken and cottage cheese or eggs/cottage cheese/Canadian bacon - I won't be eating until around 9 pm or so.

S: nuts

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/18 8:50 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I am so happy he enjoyed dancing :) and it sounds like you had a nice trip. We missed you and if you ever got a chance show us your trip!

Kristi T.
on 10/29/18 10:03 am, edited 10/29/18 3:05 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Glad you had a good trip, welcome back! It's heartwarming to hear that DH had a great time dancing Liz!(for some reason my reply was posted twice, edited to remove)

Kristi T.
on 10/29/18 10:04 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16
mmsmom
on 10/29/18 6:30 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning and - YAY SOX!!!! I am tired from watching baseball late into the night all weekend, which means I did nothing all weekend. Planned to do some house stuff - did literally nothing of it. Did go shopping with my daughter and got some Xmas gifts, so i wasn't totally unproductive. Oh and did I mention the SOX WON the world series!!!

B: egg/ground beef/orange pepper/salsa scramble

L: salad with turkey breast/Lite Ken's italian

D: leftover chicken wings

S: apple/chobani pumpkin

E: it's pouring, unlikely unless it stops when I get home

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/29/18 3:59 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I recorded the game and downloaded it to my iPad so DH could watch on our trip home. He just found out a half hour ago that the Sox won!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

AnnieG522
on 10/29/18 6:33 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Oh Mersh, you are not a failure. My go to sugar is a Werther's hard candy, and the one thing I can count on is a breakout the next day -- at 66, that stinks! Just get back on track as always.

QOTD: How was your weekend, what did you do? It was quiet and nice; laundry on Saturday, baking for a bake sale at church, football. Sunday, church, breakfast out, football, football, football, world series. And this is the week I get the newsletter together for church, so a little busy.

B: Coffee with premier protein, 1 piece bacon, 1/4 homemade waffle with marmalade

L: Salad

S: Cottage cheese

D: Hmmmm

S: ????

Obviously I need to do some more planning but we are trying to get the freezer cleaned out so we have a place to stage holiday cooking for the family.

Feeling normal size today -- had a few days where I felt very "large", although I can see with my eyes I am not.

Crazy.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Most Active
Recent Topics