Newbie Incoming

TheGirlFormerlyKnown
AsFat

on 10/27/18 6:00 pm

Hi all!

I'm new and wanted say hello! I don't even have a confirmed surgery date, however I wasn't even sure I was qualified to get VSG until my first consultation with my surgeon. That kind of made getting surgery a reality and this forum has really soothed my fears regarding surgery.

A question I have for everyone is what made the waiting game (Insurance approval, all required dr visits etc) a little easier? It may be a symptom of me being young (college student!) but I feel like Im just sitting here delaying my life until surgery.

Thanksð?'?

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/18 9:42 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Research what will change for you after surgery, that got me by while I waited. I was nervous and excited for it. Congratulations on making this decision!

VSGmimi2018
on 10/28/18 8:16 am
VSG on 10/22/18

I just had my surgery almost a week ago and I can totally relate with the waiting game. I can agree with the previous advice about research. I YouTube binge-watched up until my surgery of people who had already had the surgery. I watched their highs I watch their Lowe's I watch them talk about what they brought to the hospital but they didn't bring what they didn't use what they were eating week by week. With that being said, don't forget to take care of you make time to take care of your things soothe your mind go get a pedicure go get a massage if you can afford it go get a good book and read it on your down time. Start minding your diet I'm sure your nutrition consult will come up and what they're going to tell you is just to star****ching your intake making sure your choices are clean and your portions are portion size not monster size. I wrote in my journal every day how I was feeling what I was doing emotions that I was having that kind of got me through. I hope that helps I know it's a lot sorry. Congrats! When you get to that day it will be a great day!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/29/18 11:29 am
RNY on 08/05/19

There is no reason to delay your life while you wait! You can start getting into good habits for post-op life now. Some things you can start on:

• Weigh and log your food using something like myfitnesspal.com

• Drink lots of water, and make sure to wait 30 minutes after eating to begin drinking

• Start moving every day, even if it's just taking more walks

• Eat a protein-forward diet and try to reduce your carbs

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics