Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Saturday, 10/27/18

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/18 3:03 am
VSG on 01/12/17
Good early morning, menu family. I am feeling pretty ragged this morning! I started the night working on the floor, which was great. I was moving around a lot, got to socialize with my patients and the nurses. At about 11:30 I was transferred to the third floor to sit in a room with a suicide watch patient. It is cold, dark, and I am feeling all the sleep I haven't been getting hitting me at once. Oye. Apparently, the techs on my floor are the only ones that have taken the advance training class in order to be lawfully capable of sitting with suicide watch patients, or elopement patients, or patients considered aggressive. I don't know what is going on, but there is a rumor going around that my floor is going to be changed to receive all of the one on one observation patients in the hospital and will be staffed with techs just for that purpose. This is my home floor, and if that is the case this will be a very difficult change. However, it is just a rumor, so for now I won't pay it much attention.

I am feeling a bit blah after eating. I was rushed into this room with no where to store my food, so I ate my dinner early and not all that far after lunch, since it was egg salad and I was worried it would spoil. My lunchbox is just a neoprene bag with no ice pack, so it was at room temperature shortly after I got up here. Should have insisted I take my things to the break room.

Enough of my ranting! Time for QOTD!

QOTD: You have the power to rewind time, but only for a few hours max. How would you use this ability?

At this point, I think I would use it to just try to sleep for long stretches of time to catch up on my sleep!

Breakfast - 3 egg sramble with gouda cheese and veggies

Lunch - PBnJ sandwich with pork rinds

Dinner - Salad with tuna and gouda cheese

Snacks - Protein bar, roasted broad beans

yvonnef1964
on 10/27/18 8:36 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning

I have to take my friend to the grocery store and be with her while she takes a shower since they still haven't put up her handicapped shower bars yet. She asked for that before she moved in in August.

Tonight I'm going to our church annual hayride so that should be fun.

Misty is curled up on my lap while I type this. She is such good company that I often feel guilty when I leave her for long periods of time. She is getting used to my work schedule.

Qotd to accomplish things I don't get done, better management of my time.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L tuna and cottage cheese since I'm out of apples, don't think I'll get to the store for them.

D hot dogs and probably junk food. I haven't decided on what I want to bring yet.

Have a good day

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/18 9:44 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I feel very guilty when I have to go to work. 12 hours is so long to leave Emma and Opal. When I got home this morning they were all over me and curled up with me when I got into bed.

Kristi T.
on 10/27/18 9:41 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Holly Cannoli Mersh, I hope it's a rumor, that would be a very hard transition to make! If it is true, you can guarantee you will never be bored at work and will always encounter something different every night!

We are having unpredicted amazing weather right now. Clear skies, warm and sunny. I have zero plans for the day except taking advantage of the sun in some way.

QOTD-There is a hiking trail about 30 miles from here that I have always wanted to take my dog on. It's a trail that winds up one of the ski hills at a local resort. I never seem to get going early enough to do it, so I would rewind my day to about 7am and make it a priority to get there and go as far as I can taking lots of pictures along the way.

B-1/3 cup granola and bullet coffee

L-4oz 5%Fage with 1/2 pear and slivered almonds

S-Hot tea

D-Chicken salad? tbd

E-hike with my dog Emmy

Have a lovely Saturday!

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/18 9:48 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Apparently they had done something like that before, but the number of people who needed one on one observation died away and a whole floor was unwarranted. I guess they must feel like it is necessary again. I can see it since at times there are no techs/aids who are working in the entire hospital and are instead placed in rooms with patients all night.

gh438
on 10/27/18 1:29 pm
VSG on 10/18/18

Good afternoon everybody. Enjoying a Saturday off. Thats rare for me. It's been a while since I get to watch some College Football.

QOTD: I would just use it for better time management. No matter what I get accomplished I also feel like I should have gotten more done. I'm sure I would get more done and still feel that way but I dont have a better answer.

As usual ...

B: Protein shake

L: Protein shake

D: Broth (I find if I mix beef and vegetable broth it tastes like vegetable beef soup. Add a splash of low sodium V8 and its pretty tasty)

All day: sip, sip, sip

Surgery Date: 10/18/2018

6'1" Male

HW: 471. SW: 459 (post). GW: 225

VSGmimi2018
on 10/27/18 3:00 pm
VSG on 10/22/18

Your vegetable beef broth concoction is the best!!! Omg I was getting so bored with plain broth

gh438
on 10/27/18 3:07 pm
VSG on 10/18/18

That's how I discovered it. The first couple times with just plain broth it was like "omg yes!!! Something warm and savory". But it got real old real quick so I just started playing around.

6'1" Male

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/18 9:46 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

The liquid phase was the hardest. Not having food to chew drove me crazy.

gh438
on 10/28/18 2:10 am
VSG on 10/18/18

That's the only thing driving me nuts right now. I can handle all the other restrictions. I just want to chew something.

6'1" Male

Most Active
Recent Topics