Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Monday 10/22/18

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/18 10:41 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I am always so cold now. Everyone thinks I'm crazy when I wear a jacket everywhere, even in the summer usually. If it gets too cold this winter I may just roll over and die because I can't handle it!

facetedginger
on 10/22/18 12:47 pm

I'm the same way. I am going to need to prioritize coat shopping ASAP. I'm miserable and was nearly in tears yesterday because I could not get warm.

yvonnef1964
on 10/22/18 5:19 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

My dad got Misty's nails trimmed yesterday for me. She was calm for him she cry bloody murder. At least they feel better on my body. At least my arms and legs can heal now. His old cat didn't like her so I took her back to the car and only visited for a short time.

This morning I have to take my friend to the doctor. This is the third date this month due to them canceling , so hopefully today is the day. Then run some errands before work.

Misty is so funny this morning, she is running around with a plastic shopping bag in her mouth or empty cheese stick wrapper I must dropped on the floor.

Qotd shopping for me, getting my kitty and spending time with her and watching the waves at the beach or a walk in the woods. Or just doing what I want to do without interruption from the outside world.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D pork loin roast and carrots

Have a good day

PCBR
on 10/22/18 6:23 am

Hi, mer****hanks for starting the thread and good luck in the sleep. I've dont Samaritan's purse and it was really fun. We did boxes one for each of the girls age groups. We would buy a couple of nicer items, then pack the rest with fun stuff from the 99 cents store.

Wow, menu thread is hoppin today! I need to get back on to strict tracking. Accountability: I had an episode last week that really troubled me: I ate off plan food out of a mix of anxiety and boredom. And I knew I was doing it but didn't stop. It was like I was watching myself do it. Even though it was like, a small bag of cheez-its, it was disturbing. The good thing is I did clearly ID a trigger: if my house seems unfixably cluttered, my mind starts spinning as I cycle through solutions and hit roadblocks (ugh! Can't put this in the garage because the garage need to be cleaned first!). Now the cure is to just start working on something, but in this even I turned to food as the cure :(.

QOTD: Not really.

B - Coffee + fairlife skim + choke protein shake

S - Skyr or string cheese

L - Chili or tandoori chicken nuggets

S - ?

D - ?

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/18 10:43 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I'm sorry you had that feeling of being unable to stop yourself! It sounds like you learned something from it though. It is so important to learn our trigger foods and trigger life events.

PCBR
on 10/22/18 1:23 pm

It's not a total waste if you learn from it. The part that scared me was knowing what I was doing and that not being enough to put the bag down. I went through a patch where I knew I should get a therapist. Then I started to do well with losing weight and feeling in control and understanding my triggers. So I put it off. This proves to me that I'm being arrogant in thinking I can figure it all out on my own.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

gram247
on 10/22/18 10:14 am

Hi, All.

I haven't been on here lately, -too busy.

But this caught my eye today. I am 7 years post VSG , lost over 200 pounds. went from size 34-36 to size 10. I weigh less now that I did when I got married 46 years ago. What a wonderful, liberating feeling!

As far ad food goes, I still follow the rules. Protein first , usually no more that 3 ounces, some veggies, salad maybe. I still can't believe that my love affair with chocolate has ended. In fact sweets hold very little allure. Sometimes i do crave pizza, but a half a slice takes care of the craving.

I don't ever feel hungry & that causes some dispute with my other half when he asks what do you feel like eating. I never know!

My only regret is that I waited so long to have the surgery.

Good luck to all contemplating surgery & thse who have had it. The is a wonderful tool for the rest of your life. Use it wisely.

Kristi T.
on 10/22/18 10:23 am, edited 10/22/18 3:24 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good Morning Mersh and menu friends!

I hope you get your medications situated so you can get a good nights sleep Mersh. Let us know how it goes.

Today is a day of errands, I usually pack them all into one day so I don't have to constantly run in and out of town. I'm only 15 miles out, but that 15 miles does add up if I go in and out everyday! Our gas went up to $3.09 over the weekend.

QOTD-having a hard time answering this one, will come back and edit later.

B-Bullet coffee

L-Fage with 1/2 pear, stevia and walnuts

S-Hot tea, protein snack

D-Chopped salad with chicken and avocado

E-Hike with Emmy after errand

Have a great Monday!

Most Active
Recent Topics