First day of pre surgery diet. I'm a little scared

hollykim
on 10/18/18 1:31 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 18, 2018 at 2:40 AM Pacific Time, Gigimom wrote:

Hello, today I started the first day of the liquid 2 week pre diet. I noticed other doctors have many different pre diet guidelines. Mine I very strict. 3 proteins shakes and clear liquids. Maybe I'm just having second thoughts. How do you make it through the day?

first 3-4 days will be horrible. Whatever you do, try hard not to give in and eat ANYTHING. That will only make getting back on the program harder.

TheWombat
on 10/18/18 1:40 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I found that the first two days were the hardest. By day 3 I was finding it easier to tolerate the pre-op diet.

Sugar-free jello was a big help. I find it difficult to fall asleep if I'm hungry, so I always had a jello right before bedtime.

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/18 3:43 pm
VSG on 10/24/18

I agree with most...the first couple days are the challenging ones, then when you realize you did it those first days, you'll be all "i can do this".

I'm on day 8 (4 shakes a day for 14 days) and i'm actually finding i am not as hungry...so much so that I have to force the 4th one of the day down.

TIP: add some instant decaf coffee grinds to the shakes with some ice. it greatly improved the taste (well, for me at least).

Prettyladydee
on 10/19/18 6:59 am
VSG on 10/17/18

Prayer lol. After the first 3 days it got real easy. I lost 13 pounds on my 2 week pre opt diet and I became a new soup connoisseur

Most Active
Recent Topics