Tooth Loss?

Mindy325
on 10/7/18 1:57 pm
VSG on 06/26/18

I had heard about K2, so I was trying to include a bit of sauerkraut whenever I could but don't have much room in my sleeve yet. I might graduate eventually to kimchi which I've never had. Have you found a multivitamin and multimineral that contains all of the components you mentioned? Are there any that don't require swallowing multiple pills a day?

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/8/18 4:17 am

One pill for bone health is so far for me a Unicorn. I take dry K2 capsules, in the morning, away from any food with fat. I take calcium, and I take lots of magnesium. My multi had more of the other minerals that we need in small qty.

BTW,- I know that leafy green veggies contain but K2, but my body has problem digesting that so I just take a capsule. To maintain my D within 55-75, I take dry D3. I buy dry D3 50,000 IU per capsule (yes, 50,000 IU dry D3 per capsule). I take 2-3 per week to maintain my levels. The dry D3 50,000 is Biotech dry, I buy it on Amazon. Cost app $20- $25 for 100 caps. That lasts me close to a year.

I take magnesium - combination of different forms. I take magnesium oxide and citrate. Malate, and others. I take the mag oxide mostly for my BM.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mindy325
on 10/8/18 7:34 am
VSG on 06/26/18

Where do you find the Strontium?

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/8/18 4:49 pm, edited 10/8/18 9:51 am

I you think you getting deficient (I don't think there a detailed test) tht can be indicated by lowering bone density, osteoporosis, ostopenia, it may be needed. Other than that - stronium is a metal, not enough can be bad, but I don't supplement that specifically, unless bone density test would show a significant decline.

I use different type of sea salt, or pink salt,. Etcq.

But if you think you may be defficient- you can buy it on Amazon or most on line herbs and suplements site.

"Most supplements contain strontium citrate. Another form,strontium ranelate, is patented and sold only as a prescription drug for osteoporosis in Europe and Australia. This form has been shown in clinical trials to boost bone mineral density and reduce fractures.Jan 29, 2015 "

A New Supplement for Old Bones | Berkeley Wellnes

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/supplements/minerals/article /new-supplement-old-bones

From that site: (about safety)

Bottom line: Though the research on strontium is encouraging, we don't recommend supplements. More studies--including independent ones--are needed to assess its longer-term benefits for both bones and joints, as well as its potential risks. Moreover, strontium citrate (the form available in supplements) has not been well-studied, and it's not known if it has the same effects, good or bad, as strontium ranelate. Keep in mind also that, unlike strontium ranelate, strontium supplements are not regulated or standardized, and an optimal dose has not been established for them.

Published January 29, 2015

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mindy325
on 10/8/18 6:22 pm
VSG on 06/26/18

Thanks!

Mindy325
on 10/7/18 2:08 pm
VSG on 06/26/18

I was looking at Life Extension's Bone Restore but it doesn't contain Strontium, and the calcium isn't in the form of calcium citrate which is what we need.

Most Active
Recent Topics