Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday October 5, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/5/18 5:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are marching into October quickly! It is less than a month until we are in Florida. Last year at this time I was counting down to retirement. I can't believe it has been almost a year. I feel like managing DH, his activities, appointments and travel are a full-time job!

QOTD: Do you have a favorite charity you wish more people knew about? I have been donating to an organization called the 15-40 Connection for at least 10 years. Their mission is to raise awareness and support research into cancer afflicting young people. The cure rate for younger children and older adults is much better than in that age range for a number of reasons. A big one is that the individuals and their PCP's do not pay attention to early cancer warning signs because they think of them as being in the "prime of life". That is why my DD died from what is usually a curable cancer at age 32. Her physician kept ignoring her complaints.

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: Pork or crabcake

S: homemade cottage cheese with torani syrup

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

PCBR
on 10/5/18 6:21 am, edited 10/4/18 11:23 pm

Hi, Liz!

Yes, October is flying by. Things are getting so busy with work and impending holidays. I need to get in gear on some non-WLS medical things. I?ve pretty much hit my insurance deductible this year due to the VSG, so now the time!

QOTD:

We spread it around a bit, but the causes we donate most to of late are: Animal rescue (local rescue), brain tumor and cancer research (esp DIPG?it?s a form of malignant tumor found in children and 100% fatal. It gets very little research funding, but here?s the rub: it?s so complex that if we found a cure for it, we?d likely unlock the cures for all cancers. Please consider this), ending human trafficking and care and counseling for its victims (Love 146), Smiletrain.

The menu:

B - chike with fairlife skim and cinammon

L - Chicken kabob with roasted vegetables

D - Lunch leftovers

S - skyr or string cheese

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

MissCheri18
on 10/5/18 6:43 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Liz sounds like a very good cause! So many, like your daughter, are lost way too soon because of lack of awareness!

I do not know what besides broth and tea I will be having today, no not doing a reset just sick.

QOTD: Do you have a favorite charity you wish more people knew about? I give to a number of causes my biggest ones are American Heart Assn. and Breast Cancer which of course are well known. But my biggest passion is for Domestic Violence they not only need money to help get these victim's back on their feet but things! So, next time you have good clothing, shoes etc for women and children (yes males too) think of them and they also are in need of household goods. Most victims walk out with only the clothes on their back and that includes the children! So, books, gently used toys... just everything! They have a thrift store in most cities too which helps them bring in funds needed.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

AnnieG522
on 10/5/18 6:49 am
VSG on 10/05/17

For some reason, October always gets busy, Fall in the SE is lagging - we're in the 90s, breaking records.

QOTD: Do you have a favorite charity you wish more people knew about? For me it Children's Hope Alliance, formerly Barium Springs for Children. A non profit facility/resource for abused and mentally ill children. (It was also the work I retired from). https://www.childrenshopealliance.org/donate/

I also support the Duke Glioblastoma foundation and FORCE (Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered) as a 5 x cancer survivor.

B: bacon, homemade low fat French toast on Mountain grain bread

S: Premier Protein Shake

L: Mousakka w/small salad

D: ????

S: Chobani Yogurt

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

facetedginger
on 10/5/18 10:24 am

It's a gorgeous October here. The fall leaves are breathtaking and the weather is absolutely perfect. Plus! We're having our Pumpkin Festival this weekend which is always an amazing time.

QOTD: That's great! I don't really know of any lesser known charities, but I do love the toy drives around Christmas. I stock up all year long and adore having to clean out the car to haul it all to the donation center.

6 months and 1 day post-op (Very exciting for me!)

B: Coffee

S: Granola bar

L: Bunless bacon cheeseburger lettuce wrap

S: GNC leanshake or another cup of coffee

D: Garlic shrimp with cauliflower rice and a light alfredo sauce.

E: None today aside from my 10,000 steps.

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/18 12:37 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! Hope your Friday is going well and you are looking forward to the weekend! I am drinking some coffee and playing a video game before I need to start getting ready for work! I broke a blood vessel in my finger and it's quite sore today! I hope I don't have to feel that all night at work.

QOTD: I donate to the local animal shelter here, and have donated to a suicide awareness and prevention charity.

Breakfast - Half a bagel with cream cheese, turkey, egg

Lunch - Chicken club salad with Italian dressing

Dinner - Chobani yogurt with Sola granola, coconut flakes

Snacks - Fruit snack tray I made with a clementine, half an apple, cheese stick, .5 oz of almonds and then a protein bar for later

CatLady3401
on 10/5/18 1:26 pm
VSG on 09/26/18

Hello all. I'm home today, writing a paper with short walks and house chores interspersed.

Qotd: There is a local group called WomenAide that collects donations (financial as well as needed clothing, car, bus fare, linens, household items, children's items) form the community and gives them to local women in need of temporary support for themselves or their children as they are going through a life difficulty.

Breakfast: Premier chocolate shake

Lunch: I think I'm going to try mixing something into cottage cheese like you guys do.

Dinner: soup maybe? butternut squash soup?

Snack: Sugar Free vegan pudding or vegan jello

HW 382, SW 325, GW 165

SD 9/26/2018

pescetarian

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/6/18 5:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I love cottage cheese with everything!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Most Active
Recent Topics