Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? PHOTO Thursday, September 20, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/20/18 5:12 am, edited 9/20/18 5:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Let's do photos today and use a photo of what you are wearing today! Mine is my early morning dress for dog walking and is from the neck down as I haven't taken my shower yet:

It is Thursday and another rather dank, drizzly, dreary day here. I hope your weather is better. I find days like this to be depressing as I definitely need to see sunlight a lot to feel energized. Tomorrow should be much nicer. I'm now on day 4 of my post-vacation eating regimen so I'll be halfway after lunch today. I get less hungry but more bored when I eat this way, so I just have to ignore the boredom.

QOTD: What is your earliest memory and approximately how old were you? I think I remember being in a playpen with my first "boyfriend", but that may be a memory constructed from my mother's stories? I do remember the day when my older brother fell out of a tree and ruptured his spleen. I was the one who found him and in the hospital just before his surgery my parents had me kiss him goodbye which scared me terribly because of all the tubes he was hooked up to. I must have been around 3 at that point? I also remember getting lost with my brother probably also around the age of 3. My next memory is waiting at the hospital with my brother while our father visited our mother and newly born younger brother. I was 4 1/2 at that point. I guess it isn't surprising that my earliest memories are of traumatic or important times.

2 Years, 5.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 21.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Chicken

D: Pork

S: meat stick or pork rinds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

MissCheri18
on 9/20/18 7:09 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All! You look GREAT Liz! I do not have any current pictures (yet) but I love seeing these, it gives me encouragement.

QOTD: What is your earliest memory and approximately how old were you? Oh, well my brain aneurysm surgery removed a lot of brain mass which means a lot of memories (sadly) but I do remember when we built a new house and I was sitting across from it on this huge round rock (huge to my little self) and I was reading a book and that is how I met Harry who did not believe I could read because he couldn't ... we are btw 10 days apart AND more importantly lol his birthday is Lincolns and mine is Washington...which caused a war of the better President every year (back when BOTH were a school holiday) and always who was oldest, suffered a lot of teasing for those 10-days! I had just turned 5 years old at the time.

Week 12

Water, water, water!

M1: Ocean Spray Cran-Black Cherry, MiraLAX

M2: SF Peppermint Mocha Coffee

M3: Carb Counter Wrap w/deli chicken, ham and Havarti Cheese

M4: Sweet Kale Chopped Salad w/Chunk Turkey and Flax Seed

M5: Hamburger w/Avocado

Daily Snack: not likely today

Protein: 66g. Carb: 49g. Fiber: 34g Cal. 713

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

mmsmom
on 9/20/18 7:39 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning - came home from the work-offsite last night even though I had a room through today. I was happy to be in my own bed with my pup snuggling beside me. However, I feel like disgusting. They fed us constantly and I ate it! The scale is not my friend today. I have a mystery dinner tonight with my local friends - so I can't even plan eating for tonight. I am excited tho, lol.

QOTD: I remember playing in my back yard with the girl next door (still friends) - and we used to walk to school together.

B: italian bread toasted

L: IDK

D: IDK

: /

Did get a ton of steps at the off-site - and got to explore downtown Boston alot - I really don't miss working there, although it was fun to be back for 3 days.

VSG on 04/28/2014

yvonnef1964
on 9/20/18 8:45 am
VSG on 08/11/14
yvonnef1964
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Its raining in Michigan too. The dark and dreary not helping me this morning so I guess I better get my light therapy light bulb and lens changed out to be able to use it.

Yesterday I got to take care a premie baby, she was so light. I thought I was going to throw her in the air when picking her up compared to the other babies.

Qotd I was four years old, I was playing with sparklers and matches behind the house. I had fringed shorts on and they caught on fire and burned the top of my legs. At least I pulled my shorts off and hit my legs while I was running into the house and screaming, my mom comes out to see why I was screaming. She grabbed me and shoved me into a cold bath. After I took a nap, I had blisters on my legs so I went to the doctor and he sucked the liquid out of them with a needle.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D keto lasagna and broccoli

Have a good day

My picture is of this morning

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/20/18 9:13 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Love that smile, Yvonne. I think I would need light therapy if I didn't seek it out where I live these days...

What a memory: I guess I'm not the only one whose early memories are of traumatic events!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

yvonnef1964
VSG on 08/11/14
Jess Says Yes
on 9/20/18 9:24 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi all! I am out and about to the jail and prison today. I added a Thursday evening group, which I honestly regret because Thursdays are my favorite day and I would like to be done with work earlier - lesson learned! Can't take a picture right now but I may post one later.

QOTD: My first memory is looking through the crib rails at day care at my baby brother who is only a year younger than me, so I was probably not quite three. I remember looking at his chubby cheeks in his long eyelashes and just thinking I wanted to stay with him rather than go be in the toddler room . I still love my brother! Even though he's now 6' 4" and a pilot, he is still my baby brother.

B - coffee & protein

L - yogurt & almonds

S - protein bar

D - shrimp scampi

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/20/18 1:10 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sweet memory!

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/18 2:07 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Sorry, I have been MIA on the menu board the last couple days. Been running around a lot and posting sporadically from my phone until I was home at night. Now that I will be at my work weekend soon I have more time. I am still out all day today trying to get errands done. Grandmother is going for a trail raid for 2 weeks, so she will be gone and I will be taking care of her animals while she is away. It is a bit of a grim trip for her since her horse was killed, but I think still going is good for her.

Breakfast - Steak and cheese sub from subway minus the bread with lots of veggies

Lunch - Half turkey sandwich with pork rinds

Dinner - Chicken with fajita veggies

Snack - Beef Steak stick, hard salami and cheese

Most Active
Recent Topics