Calorie and carb intake at 7 months post op

Melody P.
on 9/2/18 1:54 pm - Amarillo, TX

i thought I'd gotten past a stall but no such luck.

I'm a 6'2" 37 year old woman. I'm am curious about a moderate carb diet. I know some of you who do that and i'm wondering how that works or worked for you?

also for those that did or do that what was your caloric intake per day at that?

thanks!

Mel

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/2/18 2:21 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

The average around here during the weight loss phase is 600 - 800 calories, 60+ g protein, under 25 carbs. Some folks are a little more lenient and opt for under 40 carbs.

Protein comes first and foremost. It can be difficult to get your minimum protein (and we really should be getting more, like 80 - 100g) when you're filling your sleeve with carbs instead.

califsleevin
on 9/2/18 6:01 pm - CA

I basically ignored carbohydrate and fat numbers. Beyond my basic protein goal of 100-110 (appropriate for my lean mass of around 150+ lb) I simply sought to optimize the nutrition of the remaining caloric budget, which for me, 1100 worked well (like with protein and lean mass, this is largely metabolism based; if in doubt, the classic 6-800 calories is a good range.) In retrospect, my carbohydrate and fat calorie percentages were a rough even split - this wasn't a goal, just how things worked out. Early on, carbohydrates were typically in the 70-100 range (again, not a goal, just how it worked) and later it was more typically 100-120 as I had added some whole grain bread at specific times to foster improved endurance (yes - it worked...) I don't recall specifically what the numbers were at seven months as I was ramping everything up to slow down the loss heading into maintenance.

You can try the classic internet advice of cutting your carbs, but beware that this adds another layer of water weight instability to whatever you already have (primarily hormonal - TOM, hormone dumping from fat loss, etc.) So it may stimulate some immediate movement, but it is weight that you will give back at the end (this is why most have to overshoot their goal weight, to accommodate this rebound regain.)

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/18 9:21 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I consider myself low carb, but not as low carb as some others. I say I'm moderate as I usually take in about 70 to 80g a day from fruits/veggies/whole grains. It works for me. I had great success on very low carb. Low carb high protein and about 700 calories until I started really working and was exhausted.

Gwen M.
on 9/4/18 5:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you measuring/weighing and logging everything you put in your mouth with MyFitnessPal? What do your daily calories, proteins, and carbs look like?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Shannon S.
on 9/7/18 7:22 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

My goal is to stay below 1200 cals/day. I don't really pay close attention to carbs, but per My fitness pal I average around 75-100 carbs per day. I still prioritize protein because I make sure to get my reqired 70 gms in. My weight is coming off slower so I may need to tweak my calories soon. I do think a low carb helps speed things along, and is probably more effective, but I struggle with it mainly due to variety and not being a total lover of meat all of the time.

Most Active
Recent Topics