Not losing weight post op

ccibelesc
on 9/1/18 6:55 pm
VSG on 08/23/18

I had surgery August 23rd. I had lost about 13lbs. Now I'm at 11lbs. Is there a reason for gaining the 2lbs back. I'm concerned I might of had too much sodium in my broths. I do feel bloated. Any suggestions???? Thanks.

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/18 8:34 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Weight fluctuates, especially right after surgery! Just keep following your liquid diet like your surgeon wants and get your water in and it will come off. Are you weighing every day?

ccibelesc
on 9/1/18 8:51 pm
VSG on 08/23/18

Yes I am. Should I not? ð??"

hollykim
on 9/1/18 9:22 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 2, 2018 at 1:55 AM Pacific Time, ccibelesc wrote:

I had surgery August 23rd. I had lost about 13lbs. Now I'm at 11lbs. Is there a reason for gaining the 2lbs back. I'm concerned I might of had too much sodium in my broths. I do feel bloated. Any suggestions???? Thanks.

what exactly are you drinking at this point besides broth?

ccibelesc
on 9/2/18 5:41 am
VSG on 08/23/18

I had cream of wheat as well, no salt. But Im going to stop the broth because Im sure it has too much salt. Sometimes my mom makes fideo soup and I drink the liquid only. Twice I drank the liquid part of a cup of noodles. I want to stick to the protein shakes only, but I find it very hard. I do not know what else I can have that is healthy. And thanks for replying back!!!

hollykim
on 9/2/18 9:13 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 2, 2018 at 12:41 PM Pacific Time, ccibelesc wrote:

I had cream of wheat as well, no salt. But Im going to stop the broth because Im sure it has too much salt. Sometimes my mom makes fideo soup and I drink the liquid only. Twice I drank the liquid part of a cup of noodles. I want to stick to the protein shakes only, but I find it very hard. I do not know what else I can have that is healthy. And thanks for replying back!!!

cream of wheat, even though on your plan, can keep you from losing.

Carbs require the body to hold water to process the carbs. Leave off cream of wheat, applesauce, etc. they won't help your weight loss.

How much liquid total are you getting? Your body needs as much liquid as possible to flush away burned fat stored.

Try buying low sodium broth and add a small amt of salt yourself.

ccibelesc
on 9/3/18 5:30 am
VSG on 08/23/18

I have 2 premier proteins and 50-70pxz of water. Sometimes I have sf jello or a popsicle

hollykim
on 9/3/18 7:37 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 3, 2018 at 12:30 PM Pacific Time, ccibelesc wrote:

I have 2 premier proteins and 50-70pxz of water. Sometimes I have sf jello or a popsicle

you aren't having enough. You could have up to 5 premier proteins , three for meals and two for extra.

on full liquid, you can also have cream soups, yogurt, sf pudding.

ccibelesc
on 9/3/18 7:55 am
VSG on 08/23/18

Do you have any ideas for me for soups? Store bought or homemade?

hollykim
on 9/3/18 8:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 3, 2018 at 2:55 PM Pacific Time, ccibelesc wrote:

Do you have any ideas for me for soups? Store bought or homemade?

any brand: cream oh chicken, mushroom. Many eat tomato soup but it can be a little acidic. No cream of potato.

Many cream of flavor except. You can make homemade but it is time consuming. There are recipes all over the internet,if you want to go that route.

Most Active
Recent Topics