Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? PHOTO Thursday, August 16, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/16/18 4:40 am, edited 8/16/18 4:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I hope we all have some pics of before and current? I always find them inspirational and I think it helps us get to know each other too. In future weeks we can use other themes for pictures, but I thought this was a good starter. I have 2 below. It is hard to find a before full body shot (or even face shots) as I hated having my picture taken.

QOTD: What parts of your body/health gave you the most incentive to lose weight and what has been the slowest (or least changed) at this point? It was my health that was my incentive especially since I had just turned 60. I had high blood pressure for a long time, but it was getting worse and couldn't be brought down by medication into normal levels. I had just been told I was pre-diabetic. AND I hated how my face looked like a balloon. I always thought my face stayed attractive when I gained weight previous to my last big gain, but at that point I hated it. As to the least changed, though my face thinned out I did hate the jowls and turkey neck I ended up with as well as my baggy tummy so I had PS. I did not have a brachioplasty (arms), so they are somewhat hangy/wrinkly as is some of the skin on my thighs and around my bra line but at least I can hide that stuff (except in a bathing suit).

2 Years, 4.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 20.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli roasted chicken

D: Shrimp

S: Siggis yogurt or homemade cottage cheese with fresh berries

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

mmsmom
on 8/16/18 5:06 am - Woburn, MA

Liz, you are so pretty - both before and after, but I never would have guessed you are in your 60s. Never!! My before is with my friend's son - and after at my lowest point, probably 10 lbs lower than I am now. I hope to get motivated this fall to drop those ten - I have a 3 day work offsite and a wedding in late September and I am hoping to use them as motivation to get exercising again.

QOTD: My incentive was that I was just tired of being heavy - gaining, losing and regaining. I was the healthiest heavy person ever - my grandmother was always morbidly obese and I can't remember her ever even being on any prescription drug. Just lucky genetically, I guess. I always hated my stomach - and just this past December had a TT - I have bat wings which I would like to get rid of, but that's not likely to ever get to the top of the budget. Most of the lose skin can be hidden in clothes - and I'm good with that.

B: english muffin with peanut butter and sliced bananas

L: idk, at work - most likely salad bar with tuna and italian dressing

D: leftover pasta - I don't know why but yesterday I was obsessed with making Scott Conant's pasta - maybe because I finally had a few ripe tomatoes in the garden. Of course, I can't each much, but boy was it delicious. Leftovers tonight and some protein, maybe cheese to supplement.

L/V: good

E: depends on the humidity - I am on strike LOL

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/16/18 5:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You are gorgeous! Ten pounds is not a lot compared to what we used to gain/lose, but I know it is a hurdle. I have been consistently 2-3 pounds more than a year ago for the last few months and I can't seem to drop it down. I hate accepting it though?!?

Yeah, my bat wings aren't horrible and the surgeon actually said that the scar was likely to bother me more so advised against doing them. And now that I am on fixed income, no more PS for me.

Thanks for the kind comments on my age. The facelift, browlift and eyelid surgery worked well! My millionaire SIL has droopy eyelids which make her look older and has been hesitant to do PS. I don't think she knew that a lot of people do it, though she belongs to a high end club where I can guarantee a lot of them have (they probably just don't talk about it). Thank goodness for OH where we talk about it all!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/18 7:16 am
VSG on 01/12/17

That dress is beautiful and that color looks so great. You have done a fantastic job!

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/16/18 8:52 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

You look phenomenal! Blue is really your color that dress looks so gorgeous on you!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Jess Says Yes
on 8/20/18 10:13 am
VSG on 10/24/17

What a beautiful transformation!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/18 7:14 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! Your photos are beautiful and I love seeing before and afters! I have shown some of mine a couple times now, so I picked out some different ones as well as a mild progression of pictures!

And finally, took it this morning with my morning coffee!

Okay, now time for the menu! Fairly incomplete, need to make up a few more calories sometime today, but I may have a protein shake.

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/16/18 8:50 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Mersh you look great! I really love those pink glasses!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Jess Says Yes
on 8/20/18 10:13 am
VSG on 10/24/17

You look beautiful and you're such a rockstar!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/18 7:18 am
VSG on 01/12/17

It's amazing how much happier you look in your afters. You're smiling in both, but the radiance from the afters is so evident. You are beautiful, Liz and look so healthy

Most Active
Recent Topics