Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Wednesday, 08/15/18

Melody P.
on 8/15/18 4:31 pm - Amarillo, TX

Also, exercise was a walk and 30 minute bike ride on my stationary recline bike with lots of resistance eck.

Mel

Teresa G.
on 8/15/18 9:35 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good morning all!

My knee has calmed down. They both feel ok right now...though I have to be aware how I'm walking so I don't turn one of them wrong or something. I'll take it! I'm still going to have the MRI, just so I'll know exactly what I'm dealing with, but if the knees could stay like they currently are for the rest of my life, I could definitely live with it. The flare-ups are so crazy...for a day or two I feel like I'll never walk normal and pain-free again, then it gets a little better, then the next day I wake up and the flare-up is totally over.

QOTD: What socially accepted thing/act can you not stand? I definitely agree with everyone on the spitting. I have a pretty sensitive gag reflex and I've actually gagged before when I see someone do that. Another thing that I can't stand, public or private, is people who talk with their mouth full of food. I'm sure I'm guilty of it myself on occasion, but seeing someone else doing it just queeves me out. After 16 years, my husband has pretty much learned, but he'll still do it once in awhile...and just "that look" will stop him. LOL!

B: Premier Protein in Coffee

S: Egg Bite, turkey sausage

L: Tuna Salad in mini bell peppers

S: Homemade Tzatziki, baby bell peppers

D: Chicken or something

The worst habit that I'm struggling with...or rather trying to break...is eating at night. (Has this ever beein a QOTD?) I've long had the habit of eating in bed while I do my nightly reading...usually a protein bar or something like that, and it's a terrible habit that I'm really determined to break as doing it usually takes me well over my daily calorie goal. I can't wait until my therapist gets back from her month off...I really need to work through this and get some ideas from her on how to break it. Right now, I've decided to put a foil star on my calendar every day that I resist doing it. Somehow, that motivates me as I see the calendar fill up with stars...I used to do it with "exercising on purpose" and the image of seeing the calendar fill up with stars is really motivating for me.

I have my 2 month (actually 10-week) appointment tomorrow with my nutritionist. I'm kinda/not really excited to see her and hear what she says about my progress and my food log and trends over the past month.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/15/18 11:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Evening eating has always been a problem for me and I think for a lot of people based on past discussions. I try to plan a snack for the evening but sometimes end up having more than that and want to kick myself.

Sometimes decaf coffee helps reduce that snack craving. I was actually thinking this morning that I should try having the snack first, then decaf 1/2-1 hour later (I have been having the coffee first).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

AnnieG522
on 8/15/18 9:44 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Mersh, thanks for the helpful note! You're a sweet heart.

FYI, in the South people still chew tobacco and carry "spit cups" or a Mountain Dew bottle to spit in. AAGH. Gross gross gross.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

PCBR
on 8/15/18 10:51 am

I was visiting Georgia once and my friends nephew would get a Hardee's meal, drink the soda and then proceed to spit into the cup while we all (including him!) continued to eat.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

MissCheri18
on 8/15/18 11:50 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

Hope everyone is having a good day/week! Today I had my Endoscopy & Colonoscopy at the Hospital early this morning; I handled it all pretty well, this morning - that drink yesterday was murder! He found some damage to my stomach lining, like a roughness or like scratches, asked if I was taking any OTC pain meds and I told him nope not since my VSG and they found the liver issue, so my VSG surgeon will need to check that out. He did find a "VERY tiny, small polyp, removed it and sent it the labs but doesn't expect anything negative. Seems with all the tests back I have a very low-level Fibrosis aka Cirrhosis and although it cannot be cured it can be corrected a bit WITH DIET and WEIGHT LOSS... thank God I chose to have VSG!!! I do have to go see a Hematologist because I have an abnormally high Protein and Calcium level that showed up in the advanced/in-depth blood work I had done... so another wait and see BUT I am very happy with the results so far!

QOTD: What socially accepted thing/act can you not stand? Allowing children to be rude/unruly, public displays of sex and cell phones in places they should not be used whi*****orporates most of what is listed already. I absolutely cannot stand these pants hanging down, their butt showing and them holding their pants up via their penis, some states have made it illegal, some businesses have and I hope all join in, this is NOT a cultural thing it is prison.

Week 7

Water, water, water!

M1:

M2:

M3: mashed potatoes and tender roast beef (about 3 TBLS. Total)

M4: not sure, the M3 did not stay with me L guess from that drink yesterday!

M5: Playing it by body reaction... maybe some cheese

M6: Not sure maybe chicken broth or Jell-O?

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

mmsmom
on 8/15/18 12:21 pm - Woburn, MA

Just thought of more for the socially accepted pet peeves - when people say - for example - give your thoughts to Joe or myself.... ONLY YOU can give something to yourself!!! Apparently, it has become acceptable grammatically to say this- why? Also makes me crazy when people use "I" when it should be "me," which happens all the time.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics