Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Wednesday, 08/15/18

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/15/18 5:38 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Wednesday! My daughter and I are going to get our nails done this morning for our trip since we leave in 6 days. My mom took off this week and hasn't been to the beach once this summer so when we are finished we will be taking her for a Beach Day!! Should be a beautiful day.

QOTD - I have to agree with everyone else's answers. Smoking is so gross ciggs or pot so it bothers me when I have to be around it. Spitting is also really gross, my dad always does it and I have to yell at him. Also believe it or not I have had substitutes come into my classroom and cut their nails with a clipper and they were just flying all over it was so disgusting.

B - coffee and protein

L - Bananas and Cream Premier protein and protein bar (we will be at the beach)

D - leftover honey teriyaki drumsticks and cheesy riced cauliflower

S - Vanilla YQ Yoplait yogurt (this tastes just like vanilla bean ice cream its so good)

E - squats, lunges, bridges, leg lifts

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

PCBR
on 8/15/18 8:13 am, edited 8/15/18 1:13 am

OMG. The nail clipping! Years ago, I had a direct report who would do it at his work station. I was young and inexperienced and could not bring myself to talk to him about it.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Gwen M.
on 8/15/18 6:51 am
VSG on 03/13/14

LOL! My partner worked from home on Monday and took off on Tuesday and today to play WoW. He got to 120 last night around 9pm. He's a happy camper.

I was up early, but skipped starting the thread due to the intended photo thing. I did get to pilates class, which was great but hard and different since we had a sub with a slightly different style. Glad I went!

QOTD: Body talk. I hate that so many people find it acceptable to talk about people's size and shape and weight and UGH. One of the best parts of my weekend with my high school friends was that NO ONE commented on my body for the entire weekend. It was phenomenal. Yet, at the same time, talking about body things that matter - like "how the hell does menopause work?" - are things that aren't acceptable to talk about. So screwed up.

1: protein shake
2: short ribs
3: chicken cordon bleu casserole thing

liquid and vites: on track? I need to set up my vites today, so I might not be good.
exercise: pilates class

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

PCBR
on 8/15/18 7:36 am, edited 8/15/18 1:14 am

Hi, mersh!

QOTD: I?m with you on spitting. It?s such a foul and nasty thing to do in public. Seriously, restrain yourself!! As for smoking bit, I hear you regarding your mom, but I?d rather deal with high-on-pot people than drunk people?at least a note of paranoia keeps them somewhat self-contained in public. Even though it might be socially acceptable to an extent, I can?t stand loud, sloppy, obnoxious drunk people in public. It?s just like?dude, maintain! You are an adult! Also, people who vape or smoke in public. No one wants to inhale your your toxic exhalations. Everyone is free to smoke if they like (body autonomy), but making other people have to be part of it is is rude. Oh. One more thing: Using your mobiles speaker phone in public for no reason. No one wants to hear your loud-ass, inane conversation in Target, just because holding your phone to your ear is somehow too hard.

10-Wks out. Happy to say that for the past couple of days, I have not noticed that hungry every few hours feeling that I had last week. Hope it lasts. That said, crunchy carbs have been calling to me at night. I think it?s stress. Need to keep an eye on that. I do not want let in carbs and have to carb detox again! Do you guys think it?s better to get some kind of crunchy protein snack, or is that a slippery slope that can land in a pile of sun chips?

B - isopure zero carb, coffee, fairlife skim

L - Meeting a friend. Probably a small side salad that I will load up with protein

D - Not certain. I?ll be running around tonight packing. I always have a nervous stomach before a trip and it makes eating not enjoyable. We also have to get up sooo early tomorrow, which means early to bed. And I don?t want to eat close to bed time.

S - apple slices and peanut butter

mmsmom
on 8/15/18 8:09 am - Woburn, MA

My workstation used to be near the common kitchen and one day I heard someone on the phone regarding all their personal financial stuff - tmi!!! Now, because we are Legal, we have a suite with glass doors - and I love it. Except for everyone in Legal's conversations, I don't have to listen to anything or smell people's lunches.

VSG on 04/28/2014

LoseBig
on 8/15/18 7:45 am
VSG on 08/09/18

I absolutely love these daily threads. One concern I had about getting this surgery is that I would not be able to enjoy regular foods again. But after reading what you all are eating every day, it has made me feel a lot better about my future eating.

B - Chocolate/Vanilla protein shake (homemade)

L - Hearty Potato soup with bacon, pureed and strained.

D - Muscle Milk Vanilla protein shake

As always, water, water, and more water.

Lapband: 2008

revision to VSG on 8/9/2018

HW: 444 - SW: 427 - CW - 396

PCBR
on 8/15/18 8:19 am

This is what got me into it, too! Honestly, I thought it would be boring (sorry, everyone!). But when I got to reading, found that it made me hopeful that even though I needed to give up a lot, there was still much to enjoy. I also found its peppered with so much more than food info!

Gwen M.
on 8/15/18 8:38 am
VSG on 03/13/14

That's one of the reasons I participate in them :) They were so helpful to me pre-op and really reassured me that I wasn't dooming myself to a lifetime of a "food is only fuel" mentality.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/18 12:14 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Yes! You can absolutely eat normally, we have to just learn to change what normal means to us because before surgery normal = thousands of calories for some of us!

Melody P.
on 8/15/18 8:57 am, edited 8/15/18 9:27 am - Amarillo, TX

QOTD: Well I have to agree with most of y?alls choices. I must also add a few. First up, chewing or eating very loudly. I was taught the old thing of chewing with my mouth shut. I?ve noticed that a lot of people don?t. It?s one of the reasons I don?t like eating out. Another for me is waiting room small talk. Due to my anxiety issues i?m nervous at the whole appointment thing...I don?t like small talk with strangers! I could go on but i?ll stop there :)

M1: protein shake & coffee

M2: 1 oz sharp cheddar

M3: chicken ranch & bacon loaf cauliflower riced

M4: 1/4 cup corn, chicken lunch meat

M5:riced cauliflower, avocado, cheese

M6: protein drink

Mel

Most Active
Recent Topics