Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 8/8/2018

Gwen M.
on 8/8/18 3:55 am, edited 8/8/18 4:00 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning! I'll be taking a break from OH until Sunday so it'd be great if someone else could plan on handling the daily meal post through then. I'm fine, just really busy and trying to remove some distractions.

Up early today for pilates class then back home via the grocery store. After I get dinner in the slow cooker I'll focus on finishing up my HMGT reading and then take the final. Woo. Then it'll be back to working on my GERO research paper. I made great progress on that yesterday, so I planning to finish up the rough draft today.

QOTD: How easily do you get songs stuck in your head? Do you have a song stuck in your head now? What song?

1: protein shake
2: eggs and asparagus
3: slow cooker chinese spiced short ribs (unless the store doesn't have short ribs, in which case I'll use some other ribs)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: pilates class

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 8/8/18 4:27 am, edited 8/7/18 10:06 pm - Woburn, MA

Good morning, and thanks for posting (in case I don't often say it). I'm working at home today, going in to the office tomorrow then my boss is on vacation for the next week and I'm on vacation for two weeks after that - woo hoo. I adore my boss, but it's nice to have some quiet time without him. Also, it will be a lot easier to go on vacation without having seen him for a week. Although coming back to 2 weeks of emails, etc. I'm sure i will wonder if it was worth it.

QOTD: Sometimes I get a song stuck - not often, but when I do, it's for days!

B: probably cereal - cleaners are coming and no time to prep much else

L: deli meat and cheese

D: prime rib - we bought it for $5.99 a lb and have had it frozen for a while - time to eat it!

salad from the garden - my tomatoes are hit and miss - cherries are thriving but big tomatoes are not plentiful :(

E: hot hot hot...need I say more? I've been a slug although my new idea of exercise is to go shopping at lunch and then I'm at least hitting 8K steps a day without much effort.

L/V: should be fine

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/8/18 4:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks Gwen! If I can come up with a QOTD I'll start it when someone else hasn't (I'll ponder and log some for use - sometimes I think of a good one but forget it by the next morning).

Only morning yoga on the schedule today. Maybe I'll clean the house (it is due).

QOTD: Once in a great while I get a song stuck but not often. It hasn't happened recently.

2 Years, 4 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 20 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese (or deli turkey and cottage cheese)

D: crab cake or mahi burger (OR if I get energized and get the ingredients, fish tacos)

S: Siggis yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

MissCheri18
on 8/8/18 5:43 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

Hope everyone is having a good day/week! Today I have set my phone alarm(S) yep, 6 of them every 2 hours starting at 9am last one for 7pm so I can be sure I am ONLY eating every 2 hours and I'm pre-lining up my protein in 2-3oz. amts. I am set to drink my liquids outside of the meals, especially first thing in the morning (often up at 4-5am) and if I feel the need to eat outside my meal times I will drink more! See if this can help with my stall...

QOTD: How easily do you get songs stuck in your head? Do you have a song stuck in your head now? What song? Not typically but when I do it is for all day if not a couple of days lol. My Girl is stuck right now.

Water, water, water!

M1: Chocolate Protein, Fairlife Shake (1/2)

M2: Mini Crockpot Boneless Pork Tenderloin w/Havarti Cheese Slice

M3: Chocolate Protein, Fairlife Shake (1/2)

M4: Mini Crockpot Boneless Pork Tenderloin with Green Beans

M5: Mini Homemade Chef Salad

M6: Not sure, depends on how I am feeling.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/18 6:43 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey menu friends. Yesterday was a horrible struggle. My mother has gone out of her head and I am just at a loss of how to handle her other than call social services and have her removed from my home. She came in, completely out of her head. She had been gone from the home and came back last night because there was no other option for her. Her entire prescription of hydrocodone had been taken over the course of 4 days. She was so out of her gourd high, hasn't showered in MONTHS. Literally months. They didn't shower her at that God forsaken rehab unit she was in for a few months, refused to shower here. My God, she smells like a dead animal and that is not an exaggeration. It makes me sick to smell her, and it makes me sick to know that in all the years she's had to live a life, she hasn't change and is still the cruel person she always was. Stood up in the kitchen and just "Relieved" herself all over the floor told me to clean it up because it was my "f***ing job." I was so disgusted yesterday. I think the only calories I got in was what I got out of a premier protein for coffee creamer.

I put in a call to social services today, told them what was happening. They are going to help me and my grandmother. Today we are going out to do things we want to do, and I'm going to splurge on a gel manicure and pedicure.

QOTD: I do have a song stuck in my head! HUMBLE, Kendrick Lamar.

Melody P.
on 8/8/18 7:56 am - Amarillo, TX

So sorry Mersh. I can't imagine...just can't. I hope social services helps you and your grandmother. I'll be keeping y'all in my thoughts.

Mel

mmsmom
on 8/8/18 8:00 am - Woburn, MA

OMG, Mersh - I am so sorry you are going through this. Years ago I decided i didn't need mean spirited people in my life. I have not talked to my sister in 17 years or my father in law in close to 23. I don't miss them one bit. At one point my husband felt bad that our kids didn't have their grandfather - so he reached out and tried to set up a dinner with a third party as a buffer - my fil responded - if he wants to have dinner, he needs to come to me. I don't need to tell you the response that got - and my kids said "we've lived this long without him, we don't need him in our life."

Also, you can't help addicts unless they want help - and clearly she doesn't.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Teresa G.
on 8/8/18 8:12 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Oh Mersh, I am so sorry. I hope that social services will remove her from your home and that you and your grandmother will be strong enough to remove her from your life permanently. In such a toxic situation, with an addict, you have to protect yourself, emotionally and physically. You have to detach, for your own self-preservation. It may take a restraining order.

I wish strength for you and your grandmother. I just can't imagine the pain that you're both experiencing.

Sending positive thoughts...

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/8/18 8:28 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

I'm so sorry that you and your grandmother are going through this. I have learned that you have to remove toxic people from your life even if they are family. I know that it's hard but I would call the police or have social services remove her from your home and see how they can get her help. Although, it seems like she doesn't want it. It is a hard thing to watch someone you care about destroy themselves but you can't let them drag you down with them. Hope things get better for you and grandma!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Melody P.
on 8/8/18 8:00 am, edited 8/8/18 2:06 am - Amarillo, TX

QOTD: I get em stuck all the time. I listen to music all the time. Right now it?s Save me from Queen stuck in my head. That and the super why theme...not happy about that one..lol

M1:shake

M2: egg whites

M3: quest chips and mushroom soup

Mel

Most Active
Recent Topics