Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Monday, 8/6/18

AnnieG522
on 8/6/18 1:25 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

I'm sorry you've been a bit stressed; even the good things can add one thing too many sometimes.

I hate shopping; I would rather walk nekkid down town. But finished up school shopping for granddaughters. Who knew how many kinds of sneakers there are in the world.

QOTD: What are your stress coping techniques? I journal; I pray/meditate and I do have a counselor that I need from time to time. I've had MDD for all my life, and the anxiety that goes with it. But very manageable. I also crochet, pet the dogs, etc.

B: 1 crispy bacon drained, 1 piece multi grain sprout bread w light orange marmalade

L: Protein premier shake

D: 1 piece of thin crust pizza, light cheese, with muschrooms & grilled chicken

S: Oikos Greek Yogurt, key lime

S: 1 sm corn tortilla with salsa

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Teresa G.
on 8/6/18 8:00 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good evening all!

I'm planning out my food for the next two days as I'm going out of town for work. I'm going to pack everything so I don't have to stop anywhere for anything. This is a short trip, just one overnight. In a couple weeks I'll be on a 3 night/4 day trip...that one is REALLY going to take some planning. I have some ricotta bake and white chicken chili in the freezer, and I'm sure by then I'll have more, so I should be good to go.

Today I was so busy at work that I forgot to eat! I can't believe that, not as much as I love food! I had my coffee with Premier Protein in the morning, then ate my jambalaya (I tried a recipe from PaleoValley using their beef sticks and shrimp - it was so good!) at lunch, but didn't have a morning or an afternoon snack. By the time I got home, I was pretty hungry - so I grabbed a 2 oz piece of pork tenderloin and basically inhaled it. Lesson learned. I hurt for about 30 minutes after that. This is such a learning experience.

I lost my extra key fob. I just bought the SUV in February and I already lost the stupid extra fob! I stopped at the dealership to find out how much a new one is (over $400!!) and this really awesome salesman asked me if I had happened to buy the key replacement warranty when I bought the the vehicle. I wasn't sure so I went out and got my paperwork from the glove compartment and OMG! I did buy that warranty! So I get a free replacement anytime I need one for 6 years! LOL I'm going to buy Jordan a coffee in appreciation!

QOTD: What are your stress coping techniques? It used to be eating as I'm sure many people here can relate to. I'm still trying to find other ways to cope and to soothe myself...it's a work in progress. Right now it seems to be shopping...but I'm hoping that it will turn into exercise instead. Or painting more rocks. Or making jewelry again. I can hope anyway. I can't afford to do too much retail therapy!

B: Coffee with Premier Protein

L: Cajun Shrimp Jambalaya

S: 2 oz pork tenderloin

D: Protein shake

S: Quest bar

I also ate a couple of cherry tomatoes when I was out harvesting from our little garden. :) There's nothing like a warm cherry tomato right off the vine!

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

PCBR
on 8/6/18 9:11 pm, edited 8/7/18 12:02 am

Oh, I can almost taste that tomato! I love ?em.

I sadly can relate to the eating too fast thing. Eating mindfully all the time is hard?especially when I?ve spent so many years NOT doing so. I?m guessing most VSGers have their touching the hot stove moment.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Most Active
Recent Topics