Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Tuesday, 7/24/2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/24/18 10:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That stinks Mersh! I'm sure you'll find a way to do it, but I wonder if there is an appeal process where you can explain and get considered again?

Our company left a day early due to lack of sleep (mal-functioning cpap). So we went to the beach! Super windy so it is not hot here (it is stifling outside at the house).

QOTD: I wouldn't want to eat the things you mentioned or insects. But I have tried stuff like frog legs, octopus and alligator.

2 Years, 4 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 20 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: leftover scallop ceviche

D: Leftover something...

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/18 4:50 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

There is, I found out today that I can appeal and need to explain the reasons behind me dropping out in the first place. I am going tot alk to my psychiatrist about turning in medical records of my current treatment and explain that back then I was suffering with untreated emotional disorders.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/25/18 4:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope that works (I bet it will). You've come so far Mer****hink they will see it too when they really take a look.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/24/18 11:55 am, edited 7/24/18 5:47 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Tuesday! Babysitting today and a lot of running around. My daughter had an interview for Big Brothers, Big Sisters and got it so we are very excited about that. Running my middle son to the doctors for a check up.

QOTD - I try almost anything once! I can't bring myself to eat liver or oysters so far

B - coffee and chocolate peanut butter protein

L - Shredded Buffalo chicken

D - Chicken Avocado Salad

E - Walk, arm exercises

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

MissCheri18
on 7/24/18 11:57 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

Busy day yesterday seeing my PCP, then going to see my new hepatologist who had some 'possibly' good news, we'll know more after the ton of tests he needs done but I have some hope of being able to live as long as I am supposed to and not having my lift shortened by cirrhosis. He did say one thing for sure was my VSG was a lift savor we most likely would not have found this problem in time, he also said I need to follow the diet etc. and get my weight down ASAP because mine is caused by obesity.

QOTD: What's the one food you could never bring yourself to eat? There are some foods I do not eat because I do not like them, like Broccoli which ironically I loved before my brain aneurysm surgery but hated completely after. But the one food I will not eat, will not even try is Oysters!

Water, water, water!

M1: Vanilla Protein 30g, V8 Tropical Blend Diet 1 cup

M2: Bacon & Cheddar Beef Patty (half)

M3: Cutie, String Cheese* - Sargento Low Fat Mozzarella

M4: Very Mini Taco Salad (no chips or shell)

M5: ½ Avocado with about 1/3 cup left over Taco Salad from lunch

M6: Unsweetened Applesauce (for Meds.)

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Melody P.
on 7/24/18 12:14 pm - Amarillo, TX

Oh no, I hope you figure it out soon. Wishing you a positive outcome!

QOTD: cats, dog, little octopus...anything with eyes still in it. Oh and rabbitand dove. I could go on! LOL

breakfats: protein shake

lunch: roasted zucchini with a tiny bit of Parmesan...a small piece of Swiss cheese and an oz of chicken lunch meat

dinner: will be chicken fajitas with not tortilla. Just a dab of regular sour cream!

snacks: half a protein shake, homemade frozen yogurt popsicle and 10 raspberries spread throughout the day

Mel

PCBR
on 7/24/18 12:58 pm

Oh, mersh. How incredibly frustrating and sad. I think you should go up the chain and investigate an appeals process. Do you mind me asking if you were obese at the time when you started college? If you were grappling with big health and psychological issues at that time, I think you could make the argument that you should not be punished for needing to drop out. I of course do not know if this is the case, but if those things had to do with your decision at that time, that is a legitimate health reason for dropping out (Would they penalize someone who had to drop out because they had a debilitating disease?). I understand that they think what you did 10 years ago makes you a risky investment, but sheesh, you were 18. I'm a big fan of gap years and wish I'd taken one. Not sure anyone should be going right into college right after high school.

I've been having a rough go, too. No details, because I'll start crying at work, but we had to put our kitty down. he was only 14 months old, and he was my baby. We went into debt trying to save him..and it would have been worth every penny if we had. On top, yesterday I had a hideous headache and a lot of nausea (not sure if it's sleeve related, or if the headache was a migraine. Also could be because I barely ate on Sunday because of the sudden death of my little baby cat. Anyway, I had to resort to one of my leftover Vicodins just to take the headache from a 9 to a 2. In addition, I had true reflux last night while sleeping--it woke me. I had an empty stomach. This is really sad to me, because I was hoping my hiatal hernia repair meant I wouldn't have to worry too much about it. Hopefully, it's just short term and/or stress related.

QOTD: About 90% of the food featured on Gastro Obscura. More conventionally, oysters and clams. I'm sorry to yuck anyone's yum, but I see them as disease-bearing phlegm. I'm glad others enjoy them and am happy for them. More for you guys!

B - Isopure shake with Fairlife and a splash of coffee

L - Beef and chicken lulle with tahini and yogurt sauce

D - See above...these will probably last me 2 days

S - Non-fat refried beans with a slice of cheese

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/24/18 1:05 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty! Hugs sent your way

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

PCBR
on 7/24/18 1:07 pm

Thank you.

One tiny happy thing is: I never once opened a cupboard or reached for food to make me feel better. I think if this happened pre-surgery and pre-head work, I would have.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/24/18 2:11 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So sorry about your kitty. It is hard to lose our pets especially unexpectedly.

Most Active
Recent Topics